Home / Letters   % width Posts: 3

One of your friends in a foreign country is starting an import-export business, and he has asked you

LoloMahmoud 1 / -  

to recommend a product from your country

Could you please correct my letter..

One of your friends in a foreign country is starting an import-export business, and he has asked you to recommend a product from your country to him. Write a letter to your friend. In your letter,

1. Say what product you want to recommend to him
2. Tell him where he/she can get this product
3. Explain why you want to recommend this product

Dear Maria,
Hope this letter finds you well. Firstly, I'm so happy that you're going to set up a new business. Also, I'm pleased because you're taking my advice with regards to the suitable product which can be reasonable for export.

In my opinion, one of the most excellent products those can be exported is furniture. This is because a lot of factories have been specialized in this kind of products starting from chairs to complete bedrooms. I know that they import the required raw materials, such as wood, plastic and ferrous, from China and they sometimes use local materials like trees' logs.

I must say why I recommend these items for you. At first, they've a variety of product lines and styles. For example, they produce modern and classic styles. So that, you'll find all tastes that are needed in different countries, at which you're going to export. A second point is that they manufacture heavy duty items at low prices, which enable you to generate profits easily. On the top of that, most of those manufacturers are used to taking part in international exhibition and well-known for their good reputations and high quality. What's more, I mustn't forget to tell you that many workshops of furniture can make handmade products if you want something unique.

I'm giving you the contacts of two of them

ABC firm telephone no.: 12345678
XYZ firm telephone no.: 11123456

Keep in touch until we catch up.

Best regards,

Lolo
Maria - / 1,098 389  
I appreciate how straightforward your letter is. There are a couple of technical suggestions that I would like you to look over.
Firstly, I suggest that you look into your usage of demonstratives (those, that, this, these). There were some instances wherein there was a misuse in this. This can be a minute mistake that can be overlooked by some, however professional writing requires this to be fulfilled.

Secondly, the opening of the third paragraph of your letter should be reevaluated. There is no need to mention how it is a must for you to do so. I suggest that you simply open up directly that these objects are fully recommended by you. This can help with reducing redundancies in the narrative.

Lastly, you may find it useful for you to switch the second and third paragraph. This will create a better flow for your essay. I find that your current third paragraph is suitable to support why these products are marketable.
tcl1120 9 / 27  
@LoloMahmoud

This is my exam question last time.
I did mention some background of my recommendation on how it links with my countries, for an example, the heritages and traditions of using this production. Hopes it help.

Cheers.

Home / Letters / One of your friends in a foreign country is starting an import-export business, and he has asked you