Home / Letters   % width Posts: 5

Oracle technical skills, diagnosis expertness and other abilities. MS in Data Science recommendation

ashivash 2 / 3  

admission to the Master in Data Science Program

I am extremely delighted to pen this letter recommending Mr Ashwin Balachandar Shivashankar in support of his admission to the Master in Data Science Program at your University. I have known Ashwin for the past one and half years in my position as Data Insights, Project Manager.

Ashwin joined the SSE Smart Metering Programme in Nov 2015 as Oracle Fusion Developer. He was initially given a set of development components for the areas of the Integration Layer that he was responsible for and through progress updates at our daily standup meetings, he was able to provide me, as PM, the progress made the day before and the plan for actions for the current day and next day. Ashwin dealt with the initial challenges we had at first, patiently and in a professional manner. He gave me daily updates on how this was progressing.

Ashwin was also instrumental as a developer in supporting the design documentation by the architects and challenging when necessary and he gained some valuable knowledge in doing this.

Ashwin displayed a high level of leadership skills and provided his whole support to the various teams he worked with and was a credible member of the team trusted by us and the client even when they were proving to be a challenge.

I would recommend Ashwin to other project managers facing a similar project environment as he was very effective and demonstrated his superior technical skills in whatever area he worked in.

Ashwin has demonstrated strong Oracle technical skills during various meetings and the conducting of component tests especially when sitting down with the testers to explain the Integration Layer solution.

Ashwin proved his expertise at Diagnosis and fault finding and defect resolution when supporting the testers during SIT testing and also when he had to work with the HPE developers who came over to UK due to the high no of defects they were facing on their solution which was facing off to our IL solution.

Ashwin worked closely with the SSE Support team who needed to work with us to develop their knowledge of the Oracle solution and has proved his in-depth knowledge and excellent Client facing skills, presentation skills and communication skills in English.

To conclude, I would like to restate my strong recommendation for Mr Ashwin Balachandar Shivashankar. If you have any further clarifications regarding Mr Ashwin Balachandar Shivashankar or this recommendation, please do not hesitate to contact me using the contact details mentioned below:
pao123 2 / 2 1  
@ashivash

Hello Ashivash,

I think the letter has got great content. However, it would be more synchronized if you could combine each quality of his as one paragraph. For example: where you talk about his expertise in relation to the job knowledge...

Ashwin was also instrumental as [....] which was facing off to our IL solution....you can combine this in one paragraph.

Then have the other bit talking about his leadership skills and other character traits that are pertinent to this recommendation just before you give a conclusion and a reassurance of your recommendation....

Hope this helps.
Ashwin, first of all, the of the person recommending you must be included in the opening statement in order to properly introduce himself to the reader. He must also recognize the name of the company and department that you are working in prior to his acknowledgement of his own position in the company.

Next, the second paragraph carries a load of redundancy. It says the same thing about your ability to deliver reports to the project manner in a variety of ways. It would be in the best interest of your letter of recommendation if you reduce the redundancy in that paragraph by combining it with the depiction of your other skills in a single paragraph. In truth, all of your skills, which are divided into extremely short paragraphs at the moment, can all be combined to produce just a single relevant paragraph. Aim to produce that paragraph in your revision.

Finally, there is a sense of confusion delivered in paragraph 7. What exactly does your project manager mean by "due to the high no of defects" ? Unfortunately, this part of the paragraph development is not clear and leaves the reader wondering about what the meaning of the full sentence is. Kindly review that paragraph and try to restate the message in clearer terms by revising or rewriting the content of that paragraph.
OP ashivash 2 / 3  
@Holt - please provide your inputs on this LOR.

I am pleased to be able to write this recommendation letter for Ashwin Balachandar, Shivashankar. I have known Ashwin for more than four years in my capacity as supervisor/mentor ever since he joined Capgemini India Pvt. Ltd. My Acquaintance with him spread over the span of four years has given me an opportunity to observe carefully and judge his capabilities.

Ashwin was most undervalued canditate misjudged by many of his counterpart on the swap in discipline from mechanical to IT industry, raised the bar as to whether he can compete to work with the finest in the field. I as a mentor have seen, Ashwin grow up to the person who he is now today. Even though his first few years were a harsh ride, Ashwin's a keen interest towards the corporate world and to excel in the field he decide to work up has made him exceed the bar set by everyone.

As a mentor, I have guided Ashwin with the skills/need to survive in the fields, but his intellectual ability and inventiveness to analyze and provide solution combined with his keen interest to learn new technology and to adapt to change; have made him a more reliable developer. His recent work during tenure at SSE, UK has been appreciated the clients for his innovative approach to avoid loss of message transmitted due to connectivity issue by the development of new web tool to monitor, analyze and resubmit failed transaction.

Ashwin has exceeded the limits set by the upper management and has been among the list of successful bids as a developer for the fusion projects. I am happy to draw up the sum to say that Ashwin has an individual will be an invaluable asset to any organization/institution and I highly recommend him admission for graduate studies with financial assistance. In the case of any query or confirmation feel free to contact me anytime.
Streetwalker 9 / 39 14  
@ashivash

Hi Ashivash,

I will correct the grammar part a little bit.

--has been appreciated by the clients for his innovative approach--

-- sum to say that Ashwin h as an individual will be an invaluable asset --

-- recommend him to be admitted in his chosenadmissionfor graduate studies with financial assistance.

I think you have improved a lot the quality of the letter in the second essay. I can understand clearly your intelligence level, resilience and achievement. And I think it will be better if you can add one or two reasons why the student is the best candidate for the financial assistance, since most of the positive comments praise more of the student as a candidate for master program.

Hope it helps.

Home / Letters / Oracle technical skills, diagnosis expertness and other abilities. MS in Data Science recommendation