Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

Letter of plea for transcript to be wiped.

throwaway90 2 / 4  
Firstly, thank you to those who posted on my last thread. I have been accepted back into University!

My major concern now is my existing GPA from failure to withdraw back in 2008. I am re-entering the same degree of International Business. I am writing a letter based explaining my extenuating circumstances based on a personal living situation. I have been told by a student advisor to elaborate and be quite emotional in my letter of appeal. I need YOUR help, as I am having trouble constructing my letter. Here is what I have so far.

I am writing this statement in anticipation that you will consider my appeal to have my transcript expunged from my academic record.

I attended University back in 2008 after leaving high school and assumed it was the natural path of progression. Which was in hindsight a poor choice, but it was what I felt I had to do, especially since I was trying to get away from an unfavourable family situation, whenever possible. A couple months into my first semester I was kicked out of home. Thankfully, one of my close friends was happy to put me up temporarily. However, It wasn't long before there was strain on our friendship with no income to pay for board/food and I was forced to look for full time work to support myself, or I'd be on the street.

I obtained full time employment and unfortunately didn't re-attend university again. Even though my family circumstances led to my absence, my biggest mistake was not withdrawing after my first semester, which in hindsight I would do anything to change. After I found out I had been re-admitted to XXX University this semester I was overwhelmed with anticipation and cannot wait to commence study. However, my motivation will be crushed if the hindrance of my extremely low GPA holds me back from pursuing my educational potential.

I am pleading...*please help finish*
- Which was in hindsight a poor choice, but it was what I felt I had to do, especially since I was trying to get away from an unfavourable family situation whenever possible .

- A couple months into my first semester I was kicked out of homethe house .

- Thankfully, one of my close friends was happy to put me uptake me in temporarily.

- However, It wasn't long before there wasit created strain on our friendship, with no income to pay for board/food, and I was forced to look for full time work to support myself or else I'd be on the street.

- I obtained full time employment and unfortunately didn't re- attend university again.

- Even though my family circumstances led to my absence, my biggest mistake was not withdrawing after my first semester, which in hindsight I would do anything to change.it is critical to withdraw in order to have a clean record in the university.

- After I found out I had been re-admitted to XXX University this semester ,I was overwhelmed with anticipation and cannot wait to commence study.

I will not let go of this second chance to pursue my education, the gift of education is the gift that I will fulfill and be proud of myself. I believe that this institution is the key to my success and I will devote all of me to attain my goals.

Throwaway90, first of all CONGRATULATIONS!!! Welcome back to the academe!
Now, I made a some corrections on your letter. However, I believe when it comes to wiping out your transcript there's actually no such thing, what you can do is to take those subjects again, ace it and that will do the magic, you maybe thinking of the future, and yes when you get to show people your transcript they will ask about that mark in your transcript but believe me they will not ask if you ace this second one.

So good luck..

Keep writing

Cheers!!!

Home / Letters / Letter of plea for transcript to be wiped.