Home / Letters   % width Posts: 3

'He possesses the intellectual capacity and perseverance' - Letter of Recommendation

gstransfer 2 / 5  
Hey guys- my teacher wrote me a letter of recommendation and asked me to see if i wanted him to add anything. Any feedback would be great, thanks!.

I am writing this letter on behalf of xxxx, a past student of mine who is applying for admission to your institution. I served as xxxx advanced Talmudic professor.

xxx first joined the program a few weeks into the year. At first, I was unsure of this man's capabilities. He seemed troubled, lacking direction and was learning with men twice his age. After a few weeks, he began to blossom. He soon not only caught up with the material, but also went far beyond his peers in the complex and intricate details of the Talmud. In every class, xxx came prepared and would add interesting and complex thoughts about the pieces of text. It didn't seem to come natural though. I would see xxx studying for hours upon hours deciphering the text and trying to interpret different meanings. By the end middle of the year, he was clearly way beyond his fellow peers and was well known as an extremely bright and passionate student interested in different cultures and societies. I have seen students with more natural intellectual abilities; however, I have yet to see a person with as much academic potential that xxxx showed while putting in an extreme amount of effort.

xxx is well regarded by his peers as well. I have noted that he goes out of his way to help others when it seems they are unclear about a particular concept.

In addition, he participated in community service and has worked in various capacities with less fortunate children in impoverished neighborhoods near the school.
I have no doubt that xxx will be a crucial asset to your school. He possesses the intellectual capacity and perseverance necessary to succeed in a rigorous academic environment. Knowing that the xxxx is xxx first choice, I know xxx will use his extraordinary passion, if accepted, to bring his devotion and love for learning to succeed in his academic career . I highly recommend xxx for your incoming class and am positive you will see outstanding accomplishments from him.

Thank you for your consideration and attention. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me at xxxx.
OP gstransfer 2 / 5  
Anyone please????!!!
abbymyles22 1 / 2  
i think its really good, it explains that your willing to work as hard as you possibly can and most institutions look for that as a sign of devotion to their institution.

Home / Letters / 'He possesses the intellectual capacity and perseverance' - Letter of Recommendation