Home / Letters   % width Posts: 4

Post doctorial position of chemical/material engineering engineering -cover letter

monamijx 1 / 1  
Hello.
I'm looking for post doctorial position of chemical engineering or material engineering in USA.
I wrote a cover letter. Could you give some comments to my letter? Thank you for your helping.

Prof. 0000
Address : 0000

Dear Prof. 000:

It's a great pleasure to have a chance to write to you. I have come to know of you through your worthy articles. I am writing this letter to inquire about research fellowship opportunity in 0000 Research Laboratory.

I am a 00-year-old male postdoctoral researcher in the Department of polymer science and engineering, XXX University. I graduated from XXX University College of Engineering science in february 2010 and have been working here after finishing the doctor degree in the laboratory of Prof. XXXX. My Ph. D. research, being done focuses on the analysis and definition of physical properties of composites and also application of the environmental benign silicone polymers. I am exploring the modification of carbon materials and enhanced physical capability. I have an experience of synthesis of block copolymer and acrylic polymer. I can not only estimate peak analysis of the XPS, FT-IR, and NMR but also handle instrument such as; SEM, EDAX, XRD, and more simple instrument. In addition, I have been participated project that was operated by state-run organization for 7 years.

Being well aware of your outstanding academic accomplishments, I would greatly appreciate if you provided me with an opportunity to work as a research fellow under your supervision. I can start working from Mar. 2011 or anytime thereafter for 2 or 3 years under your circumstances. Enclosed is my curriculum vitae for your close review. Prof. XXXX has indicated that he would be happy to provide information about my qualifications and progress at any time. You can reach him at XXXXX@XXX.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you very much in anticipation for your consideration.

Sincerely yours,

my name
It's a great pleasure to have a chance to write to you. I have come to know of you through your worthy articles about ________ (give a phrase that proves that you catch her meaning. Professors always know that most people only have a superficial understanding of the meaning. The word worthy is meaningless here, unsubstantiated in the sentence). I am writing this letter to inquire about a research fellowship opportunity in 0000 Research Laboratory.

I am a 00-year-old male postdoctoral researcher in the Department of polymer science and engineering, XXX University. I graduated from XXX University College of Engineering science in february February 2010 and have been working here after finishing the doctoral degree in the laboratory of Prof. XXXX. My Ph. D. research being done focuses on the analysis and definition of physical properties of composites and ...

Being well aware of your outstanding academic accomplishments in the study of _______ and __________, I would greatly appreciate if you provided me with an opportunity to work as a research fellow under your supervision. My interests are aligned with your areas of expertise, in the sense that _______________________. I can start working...

Enclosed is my curriculum vitae for your close review. Prof. XXXX has indicated that he would be happy to provide ...

You'll do very well because the have the wisdom of humility! That is something not everyone has. :-)
OP monamijx 1 / 1  
Thank you, cathyliu I will consider about your comments.

Thank you, Kevin. You are doing excellent activity in this web site. I red your comments in other people's letters. I appreciate your helping.
You're welcome! If you have time, provide other people with feedback sometimes here, and check out essayforum.com/ef-contributor-page/

We want this to be a great online community. Thanks for your kind words.

Home / Letters / Post doctorial position of chemical/material engineering engineering -cover letter