Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

'preliminary preparation' - Motivation Letter for Master Program in Sustainable Energy Technology

raditya 1 / 1 2  
Hello all, this is my first thread in this forum.
Now, I am in the process to apply for master program in sustainable energy technology.
This process requires me to write motivation letter in which includes
1. My reason for choosing this master program
2. My reason for choosing this university
3. How does my choice of master program fit in my career plans?
4. In what way am I the suitable candidate for this master program?

Can you check my motivation letter and give me advice to make it stronger and easier to be understood?
Thank you.

Dear Sir / Madam,

I have recently graduated with BSc degree in Engineering Physics from XXX, Indonesia. During my 4th year at university, I have conducted research about 'smart shoes' that capable to harvest energy when it is worn for walking or running to complete my academic education. This research gives me an insight about the importance of renewable energy technology.

The vast majority of energy that we use for our daily needs is still dominated by fossil fuels. If we continued on the current energy consumption path, the accumulated greenhouse gases in the atmosphere would grow higher than the current amount. The government of any countries has begun aware of the need to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by establishing 'green policy' which is identified along renewable energy technology development, for example, the government of Indonesia has committed to reduce greenhouse gas emissions toward a program to develop 10,000 megawatts of electricity generation that predominated by renewable energy.

Motivated by the issue, I have developed a goal which is to be involved to the development of sustainable energy technology. The first step to achieve my goal is by pursuing master study in sustainable energy technology. I believe Sustainable Energy Technology Master Program is the perfect opportunity which can facilitate me to enhance my knowledge about sustainable energy technology. By continuing my study, I will be able to devote myself in the development of sustainable energy technology through government institution in my country with my knowledge and competence which I have developed.

Sustainable Energy Technology (SET) Master Program, which is offered by Technische Universiteit Eindhoven, has enticed me with diversity energy-related research. I have also learned that SET Master Program is an interdepartmental effort of six departments of the TU Eindhoven, therefore, I have a chance to work in multidisciplinary project which makes me very excited. I have become more convinced to apply for this program after I observed the curriculum which goes in line with my ambition and academic background. Moreover, TU Eindhoven which has been named as the best university of technology in The Netherlands for master's programs has strong linkage with industries. Situated on strategic location in one of Europe's most innovative centers of advance technology, also known as Brainport, will give students opportunities to implement the knowledge, which is learnt in the classroom, in the society under the collaboration with industries.

I have reasons to believe that I will be a good asset for this program. In my previous degree, I have studied wide scope of subject, such as electric circuits and electronics, electromagnetics, energy conversion, energy and environment, and material processing technology. Studying broad knowledge has encouraged me to retain continuous learning behavior. I am also provided with a good analytical skill that has been developed through my experience conducting final project research. Later, my final project research has been published at National Seminar of Instrumentation, Control, and Automation which was held in Bandung, Indonesia.

Furthermore, during my bachelor study, I have actively involved in several co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. In my final year as a college student, I have involved as laboratory assistant for Engineering Physics Laboratory 4 course. As a laboratory assistant, I have developed convincing skills in conducting research and tutoring students. At the same period of time, I have participated in National Student Creativity Competition by Directorate General of Higher Education Republic of Indonesia which granted me substantial fund to complete my final project. The competition has provided me an experience to lead a team which consist students from different area of expertise. I have also joined Engineering Physics Student Association as Sport Division member. I have learnt to develop time management skill since I used to manage the schedule of sports activities in my organization.

After successfully accomplishing my master degree, I am going to return to Indonesia and participate in the development of sustainable energy technology through government's body. I have an ambition to help the government of Indonesia to develop more energy generation that predominated by renewable resources which have less greenhouse gases emissions. In addition, I also yearn for helping the government of Indonesia to manage their energy resources by developing sustainable energy system which can ensure that the produced energy distributed well all over Indonesia, therefore, every region and every district in Indonesia have an energy access.

In brief, acquiring education in Sustainable Energy Technology Master Program will not only develop my personal capacity but also be my preliminary preparation in achieving one of my ambitions which is to be useful for the society.

Yours sincerely,

Raditya
Reza, I'd like to share my remarks for the last 2 paragraphs of your essay as the other parts are already done.

- After successfully accomplishing my masters degree,
- through government's bodyagencies .
-I have an ambitionenvision to help the government of
- Indonesia to develop morein energy generation
- that is predominated
- by renewable resources which havehas less greenhouse gases emissions.
- energy will be evenly distributed
- well all over Indonesia,
- therefore,to ensure that every region and every district in Indonesia have an energy access.

- In brief, acquiring education in Sustainable Energy Technology Masters Program
- one of my ambitionsgoals thatwhich is to be usefula contributor infor the society.

There you have it Reza, I hope you find the remarks as helpful in enhancing your essay.

Home / Letters / 'preliminary preparation' - Motivation Letter for Master Program in Sustainable Energy Technology