Home / Letters   % width Posts: 3

This is a letter of recomentation from the Head of computer engineering department.

shub08 1 / -  

he will be a valuable asset

It is a great pleasure for me to write this letter of recommendation for ***********, who graduated from our university. Presently, I work as an associate professor and Head of Department of Computer Engineering, in **********. I know him as one of the outstanding students from the past four years. I have taught him data structure and artificial intelligence during his 4-year course in computer engineering.

His academic performance has been good always. He was meticulously good in my subject too. During the first year, his score was average but as the semesters passed, he improved himself diligently. He is highly motivated and driven. He has excellent problem-solving skills, coupled with admirable analytical thinking. His systematic and focused approach has always earned him better grades, which showed an increasing graph of performance throughout his graduation. This is an excellent quality because increasing the score is more difficult than maintaining it. *********'s ability to visualize and link together the fundamentals of each subject makes him an ideal student. He has brilliant communication skills and is extremely humble. ********* deals with situations effectively and is a smart-working person. He showed decent skills in computer lab practical. ******** has appropriate time management skills, with respect to studies as well as co-curricular activities.

During his graduation, ********* initiated a huge innovative event at our university tech fest named "ROBOWARS". Introduction of the event "ROBOWARS" was not only outstanding, innovative, and successful, but also gained absolute appreciation from the faculties, as well as the university students. The massive success of "ROBOWARS" surely proved to be the pride of our department. Apart from technical events, ********** conducted various photography competitions in college and is an extremely skilled photographer. His photos have been selected in various national competitions, viewed and appreciated all over the country. He served in the National Service Scheme (NSS) for 2 years during his graduation.

********** , as a person, is immensely helpful to all his colleagues. He helps his juniors with their academic problems as well as other personal queries. There were no complaints regarding his behavior during the entire four years of engineering because of his respectful and polite nature. ************* got along with everyone in the computer department as well as other departments. His circle of influence is not limited to his department and includes the whole university. Right from the clerk to the Controller of examination, all view ************* as a person with good conduct. This shows that he will adjust well to a diverse student community. Due to his knowledge and great aptitude for learning, he would be an adept candidate for a master's degree. I believe, that his abilities united with determination and diligence, will continue to flourish, and he will no doubt prove to be a valuable asset, as a student at your university.
Shubhankar, this essay is so meticulous in detail that the reviewer will immediately know that you, not the instructor, wrote this essay. For one thing, the instructor will know that a recommendation letter should never speak for other employees of the university you attended. Rather, he will only speak for himself, within the capacity that he had as a teacher to you. Shorten the paragraphs to only essential information such as your GPA in his class and how he observed your work ethic. Your analytical ability description is another reason that you will be found out as having faked this recommendation letter. While your teacher may the person who signs this, it is still a fake because he was not the one who wrote it. The reference to your time management skills, something that the teacher would not know about because he has not seen your study habits, will be another reason that this letter of recommendation will get flagged. Your other activities as he explains it is also another red flag. An inconsistent statement exists when the teacher claims that "served in the NSS for 2 years during your graduation". If you are in the process of graduating, then that means you are in your final year of school. That statement is inconsistent and further shows that an amateur without a proper grasp of the English language wrote this letter. There are simply too many red flags in this recommendation letter for it to be taken as having been written by the teacher. If you want to make this letter pass scrutiny. Then you have to write a proper recommendation letter that covers the following facts only:

1. The name and designation of the person writing the letter and how long he has known you.
2. An evaluation of your character as a student in his class. Do not refer to your character in situations where the teacher is obviously not there to observe you. Stick to his class performance only.

3. A short list of your most memorable accomplishments in his class. This includes your GPA at the end of the school year.

You need only 3 paragraphs for this letter, not 4. It can be done if you shorten the content of this essay and work towards making your grammar more professional sounding so that it is not so obvious that you wrote your own recommendation letter.
rumihumaira 4 / 12  
Generally, universities want recommendation letter to:
1. State how you rank among other students (whether you are in the top 5%, 10%...) so that it will be easier for the admission officer to see your strengths

2. Give example for teamwork capabilities. Its already here in your letter, but maybe you could try to tell more

This letter is relatively short in length though, I think you can prolong it a bit :D

Home / Letters / This is a letter of recomentation from the Head of computer engineering department.