Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

Recommendation Letter for MFE Program

Riley L 1 / 2  

A letter of Support from my college teacher

Hi all! Please help me review this recommendation letter that my professor wrote for me for a MFE program.
P.S. I have edited some personal information. So it might looks a little bit incomplete.

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am more than delighted to write a letter in my strongest support of Miss S to your program. As her professor at the xxx College, xxx University, I had the pleasure to get along with Miss S during the fall semester of 2019, while she attended my instructing course xxx. From all her outstanding performance in the class, I was especially impressed by her creative mind, model-building ability, and talent in presenting persuasive business proposals based on data.

Miss S has generated many inspiring thoughts from different creative aspects. When I introduced how to evaluate a project according to its NPV and IRR, she agilely spotted that these two metrics could be contradictory sometimes. She showed passion on this topic, deriving complete formulas to illustrate the essential cause of this conflict, and providing her own idea for improvement. In addition, she also critically reviewed the past to acquire new knowledge. After an important class presentation, she emailed me to share her gains from the whole process. She talked about her new comprehension on the importance of quantitative analysis, and on the coordination of group work as a leader, which was even refreshing to me.

The class presentation also reflected that Miss S was excellent in building models and organizing compelling speech on business appraisals. She used PEST model to analyzed macro environment from four dimensions with solid data, and smartly highlighted all the bullet points for the audience. Besides, she set up the analytic hierarchy diagram to compare alternative projects, visualizing ten indexes in different levels by the judgement matrix. Additionally, she built data-based model to predict the cash flow for the company, with a great fitness of regression. She put all these contents in a logical structure, demonstrating her professional financial recommendations linked by measurable and relevant evidence. Her performance was so remarkable that she was awarded as the best speaker on her team.

I feel very confident in saying that Miss S would be a perfect choice for your program. She will definitely exhibit her qualities and put theories into practice. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further inquiries.

Best regards
In the paragraph that describes your passion for a topic, the professor should relate this passion to the program you are applying to. Use specifics that show or highlight your interest in the undergraduate courses in relation to the MFE program specifics. You have a strong undergraduate background so I am sure the professor can easily make this insertion for you.

I have one concern though. Is the letter from the professor a requirement for the program? The reason I am concerned is because you need to be a fresh graduate for your professor's letter to make an impact on the reviewer. Normally, the MFE applicant recommendation letters come from their immediate supervisors as the work abilities of the potential student, in relation to the course are a better measurement of your possible ability to complete the course.

Masters programs are more employment rather than undergraduate lesson focused. Your work requirement to complete the course is a far more compelling reason for you to enter into the course. A slant towards the supervisor writing about your professional ambitions in relation to the course and your work progression would be far more convincing than the letter from your undergraduate professor. Then again, if you really want to use the professor's letter, then go ahead and do so.

Aside from the slight content addition I am suggesting, the letter just needs some professor editing in terms of grammar to make it more interesting to the reviewer. If you can do also do that, then your letter should be ready for use.

Home / Letters / Recommendation Letter for MFE Program