Home / Letters   % width Posts: 5

REFERENCE letter for Chevening (Master of Law programm)

vlagor88 1 / 1  
really need your feedback

WRITING A REFERENCE LETTER FOR CHEVENING SCHOLARSHIP

YYY
Managing Partner of Law company "ZZZ"

I am honoured to provide a reference for Mr. XXX who has applied for the Chevening Scholarship to have LLM Degree in the UK. I am the Managing Partner of the Attorney association "Law company "ZZZ", in which Mr. XXX worked as a lawyer from 2010 to 2015.

During his work, Mr. XXX proved himself as a lead qualification specialist and as a remarkable individual. He began to work in my law firm right after graduation from the university, but his unprecedented purposefulness, strong theoretical knowledge, as well as the desire and ability to learn quickly, contributed to the rapid professional and career growth. Mr. XXX has always been distinguished by the ability to find a solution to the most difficult situations maintaining his composure and was able to show the initiative when it was necessary. And strong sense of responsibility allowed him to implement all the assigned projects with maximum efficiency. Just a few years after starting work at the law firm, Mr. XXX already coordinated Corporate and Bankruptcy Law Practices, which is an outstanding result. However, most of all, in my opinion, his ability of analytical and strategic thinking deserves attention, which makes it possible to take into account all possible perspectives and probabilities.

In the work of a lawyer, trusting relationships with clients and tight professional networks are at times more important than a theoretical knowledge. I have always admired the ability of Mr. XXX to competently build relationships with clients and colleagues as well as to integrate into any team and work effectively in it.

After the end of our cooperation in a law firm, I met with Mr. XXX on several occasions, each time noting his constant professional progress.

I believe that he has all the opportunities to achieve his career plan, as he always stayed strong in the pursuit of his goals and never gave reason to doubt his commitment. I am confident that obtaining a LLM Degree in the UK will provide him a great opportunity to make a significant contribution to the development of the legal system of our country.

Best regards,
YYY
Mona_Saleh 2 / 3 1  
I think your reference letter is good , but you need to mention a situation and describe how you handled it.
for example : trusting relationships with clients and tight professional networks are at times more important than a theoretical knowledge, give me an example of that
jannat10 - / 1  
Hi. I think you should be more specific and informative
Vova, while the reference information in this letter is correct, the fact that it is written by a person who knew you as an employee almost four years ago is what makes this a weak reference letter. Your reference letter, to be able to have a sense of strength and up to date information, should be written by someone who is currently familiar with you in some capacity. These capacities are as a community group member whom you currently work with on a civic basis, a personal associate at your current office, or your most recent educator either at a company seminar or continuing education center. It has to be no later than 2 years old at the most to show your most updated skills and information. Due to the age of this relationship, the reviewer will not be convinced that this is a letter that the referee wrote. In fact, I can tell that you were the one who wrote this essay. The obviousness comes from the vague references to any accomplishments and skills as you participated in the law office. Do not use this reference letter. It doesn't work. Get a more recent reference instead and make sure that it is the referee who writes the letter, not you.
OP vlagor88 1 / 1  
Mary, thank for your review on my reference. Actually, there are two reference letters and one of them is written by my current employer. Most likely I did not describe the situation as accurately as should. I can not say that over the past four years after I left the law firm, we have not kept in touch with my previous employer. We still meet in business circles and even participate in some common projects. Perhaps this should be described in more detail so that the reference would look more relevant

Home / Letters / REFERENCE letter for Chevening (Master of Law programm)