Home / Letters   % width Posts: 3

Reference Letter for my friend (new job)

tcl1120 9 / 27  

reference note for the position of Technical Manager

A work colleague (or student friend) has applied for a new job, and he/she has asked to write a reference letter to the new employer.

Write a letter including:
1. State the reason for writing and how we know each other
2. Describe your colleagues relevant qualifications and skills
3. explain why you are recommending this person for the job

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to recommend Jeff Tang for the position of Technical Manager at your organization. Having worked with Jeff for almost ten years, I am very pleased to provide this reference in support of his application.

Jeff is the Assistant Technical Manager of Mechanical Engineering who in charge numerous mega projects of in Asia Pacific. He has obtained the chartership from the prominent engineering institution, while his contribution in system integration is significant. He has finished his latest research in aerodynamic and I believe that his observations and findings would be valuable for your coming projects.

Jeff's colleagues describe him as dedicated, reliable, authentic and enthusiastic person, while his professionalism and management skills would defiantly make him the perfect candidate for the position of Technical Manager.

If you have any further questions about Jeff's suitability for the position, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours Faithfully,
Alan
Maria - / 1,098 389  
I think that the essay is sufficient in terms of having the basics covered. However, I would also recommend that you expound more about things.

A lot of the traits that you had mentioned in the essay seemed as though they were pulled out of a template. While this may not be the intention, it can come off as that especially if the tone of the essay comes off as too serious. To avoid this, I would suggest that you look into incorporating more anecdotes. Personalize your essay as much as possible.

Talk about a time wherein Jeff had offered a solution to solve a horrendous problem in the institution. Talk about his personal traits as an individual outside of the work environment. If you would mention him as a dedicated and reliable individual, you can discuss a time that he had showcased these traits publicly.

There's no such thing as overdoing it if it's a reference letter, especially for as long as the traits and the qualities that you mention are all true.
OP tcl1120 9 / 27  
Thanks for your suggestion. I will incorporate more example and experience with Jeff in order to personalize this letter as much as possible. Thanks

Home / Letters / Reference Letter for my friend (new job)