Home / Letters   % width Posts: 3

You rent a house through an agency. The heating system has stopped working - letter

chin76 1 / -  
Dear Mr. Anura,
I am Chinthaka Narangoda who is from rented house block no 3 on Riversend street. We met each other when signing the rental agreement at your office two months ago. I live here with me my wife and son. Since my son is quite young. He needs a comfortable environment and you know that these days are quite cool. We are felling uncomfortable because the heating system is out of order.

So that I decided to writing this letter to complain about heating system of my house, which has been out of order since last week. Although I gave call to your repairing section as soon as it was stop working. But unfortunately so far they have not replied me on this regards. But I am really unsatisfied with it.

I tried several times to directly contact you. But somehow I could to do it. That is why I decided to write you. I hope that you will give propriety to attend on this matter as I made a complaint last week.

In my point of view it is better to replace new one rather than repair old one because it is quite old
I am looking forward to hearing from you
Yours Sincerely
Chinthaka.
Since my son is quite young. He needs a comfortable environment and you know that these days are quite cool. We are felling uncomfortable because the heating system is out of order.

First tell him the purpose of writing this letter and then give him reasons why he should give priority to attend to your need. For example;

I am writing this letter to inform you that the heating system is out of order. This problem has become a serious issue which is further aggravated by the cold weather during these days. My son who is still a toddler is very much disturbed by this condition and falling sick frequently.
April April 13 / 148 22  
gave call to => this should be more formal. My suggestion: CONTACTED
it was stop working => it STOPPED working
But unfortunately so far => UNFORTUNATELY, so far (leave out "But", and put a comma)
But somehow I could to do it => don't start a sentence with BUT. My suggestion: several times, but I could not reach you.

That is why I decided to write you. => you should leave out this sentence.
give propriety => what do you mean?
attend on => attend TO
replace new one => replace IT WITH A new one
repair old one => repair THE old one

Best

Home / Letters / You rent a house through an agency. The heating system has stopped working - letter