Home / Letters   % width Posts: 4

Letter request for CAT exemption...

canillo16 1 / -  
Z3-1017, Burgos Street, Brgy. Dumlog
Talisay City, Cebu 6045
Sept. 14, 2015
_________________________________________________________________________

Mrs. Lorena Panilagao
Principal
Talisay City National High School

Dear Madam,
Good day! May I ask your kind consideration in your office to grant exemption of my son Ralph P. Canillo - Grade 10 - Diamond, as a CAT Cadet ( medics). For he can't do his responsibility, because of his health condition.

I am hoping your approval. THANKS....

Respectfully Yours,
Charlie H. Canillo
______________
Father
summer_366 2 / 2  
For he can't dotake his responsibility, because of his health condition.
Juliah 3 / 4 1  
For(not necessary) he can't do his responsibility, because of his health condition.
Ralph, this is not a very good exemption letter. It does not carry any weight nor valid reason for the request to exempt you from CAT training. The whole letter needs to be strengthened if it is even to stand a chance at consideration. The main points your letter should make are the following:

1. A specific mention of the existing medical condition of the boy.
2. How this medical condition adversely affects the ability of the boy to participate in activities such as CAT.
3. Give examples of the adverse physical results the boy displays and an explanation of how this is detrimental to the boy.
4. Information about the previous exemptions the boy has had from physical activities such as P.E.
5. Inform the principal of the medical certificate included with your exemption request. For more emphasis and impact, include the contact details of the boy's physician who is recommending the exemption for further information and clarification regarding the boy's medical condition.

Remember that a concerned parent would write more specific information in an exemption letter than what is currently contained here. This letter at the moment, sounds like a 4th grader wrote it and as such, will not be given any serious consideration by the principal or commandant for exemption. The letter needs to sound more professional, formal, and informative in order to stand a chance at consideration.

Home / Letters / Letter request for CAT exemption...