Home / Letters   % width Posts: 10

Request for help in the preparation of recommendation letters.

bepe5n 2 / 8  
Hi everyone,

I am from Nepal and English is not our first language. So my English may contain errors.Forgive me for that.

I want to make a request for help with preparation of my recommendation letter. I have completed my high school from Nepal. I am now applying for USA universities. I need three recommendation letters from my teachers ,but when I asked for it they told me to prepare recommendation letters myself and they will sigh it. I do not know how to prepare it,what to include in it. I want you friends to help me make best recommendation letter. I want to study Bachelor in agribusiness. I want to have recommendation letter from my chemistry,maths and general paper teachers. I have following things to include:

I am the 1st student in my class.

I have scored grade A in maths,physics and chemistry while none other of my friends have scored a single A in these subjects. Grade c in general paper.

I am the leader of my class.

I have many things to include in recommendation letter which I will write in further discussions.

Thanks,
Bipin

Ok Bipin.... We can surely help you with improving your recommendation letter. But you need to do the draft and post it here. It is you who know your background and credentials the best and not us. So, write a draft recommendation letter and put it to the forum (you can use this same thread for that). If you want help, search for recommendation letters written by others in "resumes-letters" forum. Get ideas, but do not copy them.
OP bepe5n 2 / 8  
okay,thanks I will prepare draft and post it.
OP bepe5n 2 / 8  
Here I have prepared a letter.Help me to improve it.

To Whom It May Concern:

Having known Bipin Rimal for more than 2 years as one of the excellent students we ever had, I would highly be pleased to recommend him for Undergraduate programme in Agriculture Science department in your college. It was a pleasure to have a student like him in our school. He proved himself as one of the most excellent students in my long teaching career.

Based on his previous academic accomplishment we had enrolled him in our prestigious school with 75% scholarship for complete two higher education study period. He made every class lively by showing his curiosity in the deep subject matters. He has confidence and faith on himself. He is mature guy to be stable in difficult situations and has ability to progress quickly. He had excellent relationship with every student at his class and helped them to achieve academic excellence. He was praised by every teacher of our school and an idol for his peers. He was a student teaching assistant. He even tutored students of our school after he completed his high school. Because of his talent, perseverance and brilliance, he is the pride of our school and the school awarded him with honor -"Student of the year, 2012".

He is not only excellent in academics but also equally good in extracurricular activities. He was captain of Football and Basketball Club of our school. He led our school club to victories and showed his leadership quality. He even was the finalist of table tennis competition conducted by school.

Based on my acquaintance with Bipin and his qualification, I am confident that he will be excellent asset to your college. It is an honor for me to write recommendation for such extraordinary student. He is multitalented and I would highly recommend for admissions and financial support. If you have any concern, I am more than happy to provide further information on him.

(Dr. Man Bhahadur Pun)
Academic Dean
quote=bepe5n], I would highly be very pleased to recommend him for Undergraduate programme in Agriculture Science department in your college.[/quote]

. It was a pleasure to have a student like him in our school.

...this sounds repetitive... you said he's been an excellent student already. Now move on to tell his special skills, talents, attitude etc.

Based on his previous academic accomplishment we had enrolled him in our prestigious school with 75% scholarship for complete two higher education study period.

Based on Rimal's excellent academic accomplishments, we granted him a scholarship that sponsored 75% of his educational expenses in order to complete two year higher study program in our college.
OP bepe5n 2 / 8  
What can be written instead of (. It was a pleasure to have a student like him in our school.) suggest me. and how is the overall recommendation? Does is tell everything that is needed in recommendation leeter? and Is it okay for application?
jkjeremy - / 380 72  
Unless I've miscounted, you've written fifteen sentences. About ten of them begin with the word "he."
OP bepe5n 2 / 8  
Should he be replaced with Rimal?
OP bepe5n 2 / 8  
.this sounds repetitive... you said he's been an excellent student already. Now move on to tell his special skills, talents, attitude etc.

Suggest what can be written
OP bepe5n 2 / 8  
How is it? does this reflects necessary things? Is it polite and speaks truth?

To whom it may concern
Having known Bipin Rimal for more than 2 years as one of the excellent students in my general paper class, I would be very pleased to recommend him for Undergraduate programme in Agriculture Science department in your college.During that time, I have found him to be both a strong student academically and a role model and leader for his peers.

Rimal has proved himself as an independent learner as he studies not only the text covering the syllabus but other books and generals related to the topics.He is the type of student who always takes the initiative to help out fellow students who may not quite grasp the material. Rimal has an extremely amiable personality and is popular among his colleagues and faculty as he shows great consideration and deep respect for others. Being honest,polite and hardworking, he demonstrates the best of behavior and excellent study habits.

Rimal has a sound work ethic and is able to handle the pressure of deadlines well. Last summer break, I gave his class a group work project to write 4 essays. Rimal was the leader of his group and only group in the class that managed to submit their work on time. This shows his leadership capacity and serious dedication to working hard.I have also seen him helping students in various areas in Science and Mathematics on numerous occasions.

Rimal has striking characteristics and outstanding intellectual ability. Having innate leadership qualities, Rimal has led our school in numerous academic as well as co-curricular events.As the Academic coordinator of Novel Academy,I appointed Rimal as a student teaching assistant. He even tutored students of our school after he completed his high school.

Based on my acquaintance with Rimal and his qualification, I am confident that he will be excellent asset to your college.He has a great vision for his future. He is undoubtedly the type of student that has the potential for great success at the college level. Rimal is multi talented and I would highly recommend for admissions and financial support. If you have any concern, I am more than happy to provide further information on him.

Sincerly,

Home / Letters / Request for help in the preparation of recommendation letters.