Home / Letters   % width Posts: 4

"required of me to think logically" - Motivation letter power engineer

artoor 1 / 1  
Hi everyone. Could someone please take a look at my letter of motivation? I'm applying for a new job and it's important for me to have it checked by someone whose English is better than main :) Thank you in advance!

Dear Sir or Madame

I would like to apply for a position of Project and Process Engineer advertised on xxxxx website. It captured my attention because this job would be compatible with my interests, education and previous work experience.

During five years of studies on Faculty of Power Machines and Facilities I gained knowledge of modern solutions applied in power facilities in generation as well as distribution of heat and electricity and also learnt about how power sector works.

My previous career acquainted me with both clerical and field work. While working in xxyyzz, I was initially an Operator. My main task was maintenance of a boiler house. On this position I had to made decisions under pressure of time that were crucial for continuity of production of whole plant. My commitment and fast progress gave me a promotion on a Utilities Specialist position. Range of my duties widened for maintenance of electrical switch-rooms (low and high voltage), CHP installation and managing investment projects leading to reduction of power consumption.

My work in zzyyxx required of me to think logically in order to prepare analysis and consumption forecasts for utilities. During this period I was successfully dividing my time between professional work, education, private life and coaching. It taught me how to organize my time.

I am a highly motivated, responsible and resourceful person. All entrusted tasks I carry out diligently. With my strong background in managing the utilities in industry, I feel that I would be valuable addition to a company and that our cooperation would bring mutual benefits. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Sincerely,

Any suggestions are most welcome.
In the opening salutation of a letter, capitalize every word and use a colon:
Dear Sir Or Madame:

I would like to apply for a position of Project and Process Engineer advertised on xxxxx website. It captured my attention because this job would be compatible with my interests, education and previous work experience. Can you name specific job requirements and specific experiences in this sentence? Do not write and vague sentences. Make every sentence carry a lot of meaning.

This is an impressive letter! You told them a lot about your experience and knowledge, but can you give a few sentences to show that you also know a lot about their organization and the job responsibilities?

:-)
OP artoor 1 / 1  
I can relate to "international enviroment" and some "training abroad" - I'll think something up.

As for knowlege about the company don't know much. I can only assume what company is that (I googled the location and found factories and plants working there). The rucruitment process is being carried out by a work agency. I will try to put sth that could work on my advantage and be usuful in that branch of industry..
Well... good luck, friend. Hey, doesn't the company have a website? You can probably learn about it and maybe even find out what makes it unique in the industry. Every organization is unique... and the reader will be impressed if you show that you already are working to understand the company's particular place in the industry.

:-)

Home / Letters / "required of me to think logically" - Motivation letter power engineer