Home / Letters   % width NEW!

(research in the field of economic) This is my cover letter

qwaszx 1 / -  
Dear Sir / Madam
I appreciate this opportunity to provide further background information in support of my application for International Economics PhD position in The Graduate Institute of Environmental and Development Studies. I believe that my educational background, working experience and deep interest in the chosen field of study make me a very good candidate for the position.

After I received my diploma in "Mathematics & Physics" from high school, I entered Shahid Beheshti University. In 2007, I have successfully graduated the University and obtained Bachelor Degree in Economics. The same year, I have continued my education further. So, I have been accepted with Master Degree in Environmental Economics in the Faculty of Economics at the University of Tehran and my thesis discusses "Investigating the Relationship between Unemployment and Budget Deficits in Iran (1971-2007)". During my time at the university I have developed interest in some of the aspects of economics, more specifically - environmental economics. However, I wanted to combine my interest in this area with other knowledge I had like energy economics. Since the Environmental economics is new approach in the few universities of Iran. As a result, I studied several topics in Environmental Economics fields such as: Green Economy and Sustainable Development. I studied the effects of economic openness on the environmental degradation and I carried out some researches on the effects of trade liberalization on the production of CO2 and NOx's. I published my research results in some journals and international symposiums. As well, as part of the requirements for a graduated of economics, I worked with Eviews, Matlab and ComfarIII for doing both my thesis and my research works.

Finally, in the realm of multi-facetted aspects of economics, I am really interested in different aspects of economics especially environmental economics and Energy economics.

At the same time - since 2008 - I have been employed in a think tank, in the energy issues. During these years, we investigated the word and Iran energy supply and demand polices. So, I gained knowledge of technical analysis of energy markets with considering of environmental issues. Also, working experience received provided me with a deeper realization of importance of being competent in various spheres of business process.

I realize the highly competitive demands of the position I am applying too, but I also believe that I acquire enough educational background and skills, ambition and motivation to cope with the requirements for a successful study at the Institute. I would be honored with being accepted to Your environmental Economics PhD Program the Graduate Institute of Environmental and Development Studies for the fall 2012.

Thank You very much for considering my application and for your time!

Sincerely Yours,

Home / Letters / (research in the field of economic) This is my cover letter