Home / Letters   % width Posts: 3

Resume for State College Admission

mtsnook 1 / -  
I'm applying to a state college program and need to include a resume. The problem is I have changed my major 3 times, in 2 different cities, so I need to know how to properly format and organize the education portion. I know to put the most recent school first, but the college I attended first is also the most recent when I went back. Do I list it twice with the years attended or just once with 2 lines of years attended?

Heres my confusing history:
1.) Community College 01'-02'
(after high school, then dropped out for a while. oops)
2.) Another Community College in a diff. city 06'-07'
(moved back after this one, changed my mind again. oops again)
3.) Back to first Community college 07'-08'
4.) State College summer 08'
This is the school Im applying to. I went for one semester as a non degree seeking student when I thought I wanted to do something else.

Also, do you include work history on a college resume? Ive got some gaps in education history, and am wondering if it'll look bad... :/

Thank you!
Linnus 6 / 89  
I don't think the format really matters as long as you present it in an understandable way. You could always call the admission office to make sure.

Yes, I would put my work history on a college resume because it shows that you were actually doing something when you are not in school.

I believe this type of educational gap will look bad, but as long as you are able to show you are determined and have a specific goal in mind now, you should be fine. The essay will be really important.
This is a great excuse to call the admissions office and make a good impression. Win them over with your positive attitude as you ask for guidance about their preferred format.

As resumes go, there are many different styles. If they leave it up to you to choose an approach, check here:

curriculumunits.com/Resume/resume/resumecollegein dex.htm

Home / Letters / Resume for State College Admission