Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

Revewing a Motivational Letter for IFROS (intelligent Field Robotics Systems) Scholarship

glowstorm 1 / 2  

Letter OF MotivatioN

what is the correct way to write a Motivational Letter for IFROS(intelligent Field Robotics Systems) and how to qualify for the ERASMUS MUNDUS scholarship.

These are the requirement for the IFROS motivational letter: outlining your reasons for enrolling in the program. The letter should clearly state (preferably 3 or more) achievements of your past curriculum which are related to the area of Field Robotics, and how these shaped your preferences towards this master program. The motivation letter cannot be longer than a single page.

This is my motivational Letter:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am very excited to apply for the opportunity to join the Joint Master Program of Intelligent Field Robotic Systems. According to WHO approximately 1.35 million people die each year due to road accidents, I believe with the advances in Artificial Intelligence we will be able to develop self-driving cars that will allow us to save millions of lives and that is why I am interested in studying at the IFROS program. This program aligns perfectly with my passion for robotics and my goal of becoming a lead researcher in the field of autonomous vehicles. As a member of a religious minority, my family and I have faced persecution in Pakistan. Despite this, my father has always supported my studies and encouraged me to pursue my dreams, despite facing discrimination in his own career. I am grateful for his unwavering support and determination. Obtaining the Erasmus Mundus scholarship would be a major step towards fulfilling my goal of becoming a researcher and making my father proud while reducing his financial burden.

The reasons why I believe I am suited for the IRFOS program are as follows, first since I am a final year Bachelor's student of Mechatronics Engineering at the National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST), the top-ranked university in Pakistan, I have experienced various aspects of robotics throughout my degree program, I am currently taking a course called Introduction to Robotics where I am learning the course material that will be covered in Robot Manipulation module (1.1) at University of Girona in the IFROS program. During this course I had the opportunity to study the UR5 Robotic Manipulator and the Nao Humanoid Robot during my lab sessions which further piqued my curiosity towards the field of robotics. Another reason for my interest in robotics comes from having participated in multiple robotics completion, one of those being National Engineering and Robotics Competition(NERC) the largest robotics competition in Pakistan, where I led my team to build a fruit plucking robot that used infrared and ultrasonic sensors to follow a set path and a gripper mechanism to pluck fruits from a model tree. My final year thesis is also on Self driving vehicle perception where I will fuse Stereo Camera and LiDAR by using Extended Kalman filter , this coincides with material taught at Eötvös Loránd University in Camera-LiDAR fusion module (3.9). Lastly I have a passion for Artificial Intelligence, having completed my internship at the National Centre of Robotics and Automation Islamabad, where I learned how to implement segmentation using artificial neural networks and developed a draft for a research paper on semantic segmentation for a crop/weed classifier. In addition to that I am also currently pursuing a deep learning specialization from Coursera and the courses that I have completed are mentioned in my circum vitae .

In addition to my technical skills, I also have an interest in entrepreneurship and have represented my country at the Hult Prize competition, which is a global competition for funding startups that aim to solve pressing social issues. I also am particularly enthusiastic about the third semester at Eötvös Loránd University, which will allow me to specialize in the field of self-driving land vehicle since after completing my Master's degree, I hope to continue my pursuit of knowledge in the field of Autonomous vehicle perception by pursuing a PhD in that domain. I wish to be a pioneer researcher in the field of self driving so that I can help save the lives of people all around the world and I believe IFROS is the program will help me in achieving that goal.

My passion for robotics and AI, combined with my hands-on experience in the field of autonomous vehicle perception, make me well-suited to excel in the Joint Master Program of Intelligent Field Robotic Systems. I am eager to begin this exciting journey and make a meaningful contribution to the field of Autonomous vehicles.

Thank you for considering my application.

Name, Mechatronics Engineering
The motivation and interest in the program comes in strong in the fust paragraph. It clearly lays out the groundwork for the motivational explanation. That said, you should remove the reference to persecution of your family in Pakistan. That is irrelevant as this is a scholarship only for the applicant, not the family. Therefore the motivation should center on academic and career motivations only.

The reasons why I believe I am suited for the IRFOS program are as follows,

You are not using an outlined presentation. Remove this reference and immediately state the qualifier instead You may use numerical ordinals if you wish.

I do not see any achievement, academic or otherwise, presented in the first part. Where are the academic honors and/or project achievements? Those are the achievements necessary in the consideration process.

Discuss more about the robotic competition is not enough. That is not an achievement. Indicate the winning position acquired by the team and how it was achieved. Participation does not translate to achievement.

The essay has an enthusiastic motivation presentation but falls short of presenting 3 considerable achievement considerations. While these did shape your interest, it appears that you are not an exceptional student in this field.

Home / Letters / Revewing a Motivational Letter for IFROS (intelligent Field Robotics Systems) Scholarship