Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

'self-study programming when i was 17' - letter of motivation for tubitak-2215 scholarship

BasilMos /  
Dear Sir/Madam
I'm writing to express my motivation for tubitak 2215 scholarship for MSC in Computer science.

As a young man in middle school, I was amazed by computers and the limitless opportunities available through them and curious to find out and learn how they work. Learning more about software, It was very clear for me that software Engineering is my choice of a future career. That very childhood fascination with computers made me self-study programming when i was 17, at 18 i was able to write some useful utility software to use on my computer.

In 2013, I graduated with a BSc in informatics engineering from Informatics Engineering Faculty of XYZ University, Department of Software and Information Systems. During my undergraduate study, I built a solid set of theoretical and practical skills that I wish to apply and make use of during my graduate studies. Those skills were gained and demonstrated in a set of projects that I completed during my study. One of these project is the exam scheduling software project which was an application of a research paper project got the maximum degree in the class. Another project that I'm proud of is my graduation project, a framework for managing services. This project was the top project with a 96% overall degree. Those projects consisted of teams of 4 and 6 people as many other projects did, such environment helped me develop the skill of team playing in additional to other interpersonal skill that include dealing with and working unders stress and goal orientation.

In addition to following a lifelong dream, my academic studies were also driven by a strong dedication and commitment to success. I think this is best illustrated by referring to the situation of my country, Syria. During my third year in college, the ongoing crisis was triggered. My city was in the center of the events, two very horrible happenings took place in the city. I had to leave my house. Despite the emotional and physical impacts of such experiences, I managed to graduate in the minimum period of Engineering in Syria which is five years. Another thing that I like to point your attention to is that I constantly register for and complete independent training and academic courses, till now I have acquired four certificates of accomplishment for completing online courses which were motivated only by my passion for learning.

The main reason for which I want to pursue a Master degree is to go on further with my studies towards getting a PhD in Computer Science. Besides being a prerequisite for applying to PhD programs, pursuing a Master's degree would help me sharpen my skills in many fields, especially the research skills and will help me build a yet better scientific base on which I can go on with PhD studies. Master Degree is a step in my future plan which aims into actively contributing to the world of computer science and being affected by it.

when I was making my decision about where to go for a Master degree I did some research which led me to a study that stated that Turkey's annual growth of scientific publications between 1996-2008 was 12%, the annual growth in GDP spend on research and developmentTishreen in 1996-2007 is about 6.5%. These numbers reflects very clear that turkey is an emerging scientific giant, they put turkey in the top 10 countries in terms of scientific publication number. This active and rich scientific environment would help me reach my full potential in both scientific and personal sides.

For the above mentioned reason, I strongly beleive I will be granted TUBITAK-2215 scholarship.
Thanks for your Time
Yours faithfully.
Kian1378 3 / 5 2  
It is a good letter,I think you should mention your G.P.A and more explanation about your project. I think it is better to show your interested about new university and say why you choose that university.

Home / Letters / 'self-study programming when i was 17' - letter of motivation for tubitak-2215 scholarship