Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

You have just spent a week with a friend on holiday, you realised you had left your wallet.

inderGTR 2 / 3  

the letter of request

Dearest Meischka,

I hope to have spelled your name in correctness and may this letter finds you in good health. I am consummately charmed to have had the pleasure to share a week long holiday with you and your family. I'm absolutely delighted and thankful for your gracious hospitality and this week has been the highlight of my year.

I anterior present my apologies for my request, should it cause any discomfort or inconvenience to you. On the night of the last day of my holiday, we went out for an alfresco dinner and it was really sweet of you to show me the marketplace. Upon our arrival, I started packing for my journey back home and hurriedly discounted my wallet. It was only after when I had reached home that I realized to have forgotten it erroneously.

I would very much appreciate if you could kindly send it to me on my home address that I have already inscribed on enclosed envelope. You might find my wallet on the mantelpiece in your lounge area. I would not have troubled you, had it been insignificant. But it contains inter alia, my driving license and company card.

I would also love to have the pleasure of you to write to me in the future and wish you would find in your grace, the pleasure to accompany me in your holidays.

Fondly,

Klaus
Inderjeet, this letter sounds like you used a very bad translator program to write it. It almost sounds like the letter is an automated transliteration from another language. The reason I said this is because your essay contains misused English words and seems to be focused on the use of impressive sounding words regardless of whether the chosen word is appropriate for the discussion or not. Is this the case? If it is, then you have to stop using the software because you won't have the software with your when you take the test. For the purpose of practice, you should use simple English words instead. Don't try to impress the reviewer by using words that you do not know how to use in the proper context. Such a haphazard practice creates a failing rather than a passing essay based upon the provided scoring criteria.

This letter is confusing to read and causes undue stress on the reader. I have already read the essay several times and I came to the conclusion that the letter is going to fail because the overall letter makes very little sense to the reader.

Home / Letters / You have just spent a week with a friend on holiday, you realised you had left your wallet.