Home / Letters   % width Posts: 3

Stipendium Hungaricum Motivational Letter - Communication and Media Studies MA

ryancarlon 1 / 1  
Hello! Could you help me review this letter. As far as I know we are limited in length so I tried to do my best. Important: I'm switching from Animation to Communication and Media. Thank you all!

entrance essay for MA program in Hungary

It is an honour to submit my application for Communication and Media Studies MA program in Hungary. I have completed my BA in Animation at XX University which was an unforgettable experience of studying and living in Hungary, so I decided to pursue my masters in this country.

It was a pleasure to gain experience in several industries throughout my part-time jobs with a strong accent on communication skill. As a Marketing Professional assistant, it was essential to broaden my knowledge of modern business-to-business and internal corporate communication. My daily tasks include business-to-customer communication, brand development and brand positioning assistance. Supported by my art skills, necessary to create engaging marketing materials, communication and media became my passion. After rather successful performance as an assistant in a marketing setting, I realized that I'm willing to expand my knowledge in this field to grow into an independent and demanded professional with a relevant skill-set and expertise.

It is impossible to exaggerate the roles of communication and media in the world today, and COVID-19 pandemic is an exceptional proof. We seek for neutral, reliable sources that would grand us with positive emotions and omit fake news. We try to keep updated and socialized while learning how to avoid "information obesity".

One of many concerns of mine is the increasing mutual resentment between different social groups. While "hate" phenomena is not a new thing, I still wonder what consequences of trending online arguments we will face in the nearest future. Will it affect our communication ethics and morals? What impact does a triggered state of the society leave on B2C communication? I believe these questions are relevant as never.

The massive input into the Hungarian and European research scene is what attracts me in XX University. XXX and XXX courses promise to provide a thrilling and useful knowledge. The school possesses an impressive research record and an exciting curriculum that makes it a vital encounter to experience.

On the other hand, I am sincerely interested in YY, YY and YY subjects at Y University. As a school, whose Faculty of YYY holds the [1] and [2] awards, Y University ensures the quality of the education it provides.

Coming from an art scene, I believe I will be an asset to the course as well. I can contribute to the projects and events from a creative point of view, as creativity always goes in-hand with media. I used to work on international projects in teams that gave me hands-on practice and overview of complexities connected to internal communication in multinational environment.

I am sending this application after careful revision of the curriculum and applicant requirements. I believe I can utilize my knowledge and expertise in this course and face new career opportunity challenges. Please, let me know if you need any further information.

Thank you.
Best regards
Even though the letter does not require it, the reviewer would appreciate a simple explanation that would explain your motivation to move from animation to communications. Since you are shifting from one course to another, you have to show either an integration of your animation career skills into Communication and Media or, discuss why you decided that you were in the wrong career at the time you were already going down that career path. This would be the personal motivation for your desire to pursue this line of study at present.

The overall information is enlightening and supports your application as a student. However, when a career change is involved, you will need to reflect the motivation for that as well. The inclusion of that information will require you to revise the total presentation of your essay to fit the word count as indicated in the application form.
OP ryancarlon 1 / 1  
I can't express my gratitude enough to thank you for your review. Thank you very much!

Home / Letters / Stipendium Hungaricum Motivational Letter - Communication and Media Studies MA