Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

Stipendium Hungaricum motivational letter - answering points one by one

Lindsay2000 1 / -  

Stipendium Hungaricum questions

Why have I chosen to apply for this program?:

I've chosen to apply for this prestigious opportunity because I believe I'm a hard worker who is able to adapt to what has been given to me and make the best out of the best out of a not so good situation. I'm a very optimistic and positive that always sees the good in things.

What do I expect to gain from my studies?:

I expect to gain the knowledge of civil engineering and how I can make an impact of peoples everyday life as is.

Why does my background make me a suitable candidate?:

I grew up and still live in a small suburb called ravensmead where gangsterism and poverty run the place, it has prepared me to think outside the box to get out of such situations and overcome obstacles that I face daily in my community. I have obtained my high school diploma and in doing so completed my drawing courses and civil engineering courses as well and feel that I am ready to move onto the next level. I have also done a mathematics n4 course and an engineering science course to improve those marks respectively. My home language is english which I speak fluently.

How will the programme help me to achieve my goals?:

Well my goal is to become a structural engineer where I can impact and improve day to day living for people in my community.

How does your proposed study relate to a particular development challenge or need at the global, national, and/or local level?:

Civil engineering is constantly evolving and so is buildings in our world, where I'm from the people live in informal settlements called "shacks". Buildings are constantly being built as the earth's population increases.

How will you apply your new skills and qualifications when you return home?:

My new skills will help me build a future for myself and my family and from there onwards I can give back to the community and the people around me.

What challenges would you expect to encounter while studying in a foreign country, and how could you prepare for these challenges?:

Number one would be the language barrier as Hungarians speak Hungarian obviously so I will take measures to come to terms with the basic statements and phrases that are crucial day to day living in Hungary. I have learnt a bit of Hungarian as I have a Hungarian stepmother and 2 brothers that are Hungarian that I absorb some speech from. Another challenge will be not being in physical contact with my mother but to overcome that I'll mostly call or video call her quite often.
Ulaai 3 / 42 27  
Highlight more about what sparked your interest in civil engineering. Make sure what you write is personal. Talk about the aspect of civil engineering that excites you. Why do you want to be a structural engineer among other specializations? Then you can support your interest with relevant experiences.

Why are you applying for this program? Think about this for a second. There are many scholarship programs other than this. What aspect of the program appeals to you? It would be good if you can answer this from academic perspective or connect it to your desired major. It can be the university you're applying to has interesting courses, or you want to work with the renowned faculty there, etc. Look at the curriculum and find out the ways it can help you grow as a person and future engineer.

Imagine what will you do after you graduate. Will you work in a construction company, consulting agency, or in university? Will you work as an engineer or a consultant? How do you plan to improve people lives and make impact?

Avoid contractions and try to answer the questions in a more formal manner. The admission committe will read hundreds of answers from other applicants, so make sure your writing is easy to read and well-structured. The essay part is a chance for you to elaborate things that aren't covered in your resumes or transcript, so it's better to use the space available as best as possible.

I hope this helps, and good luck with your application.

Home / Letters / Stipendium Hungaricum motivational letter - answering points one by one