Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

Studying in Hungary challenge. International Relations - Motivation letter for STIPENDIUM HUNGARICUM

the writer 1 / -  

letter of Motivation

Dear Administrative Committee,

My name is X, I am currently studying for a BA degree at the Faculty of International Relations at X, Russia. From the most conscious age, I discovered a strong fascination with studying national/state relations in the context of historical perspective, cultural identity and sensitivity. Even at school age, I delved into the study of Russian and European history, their interrelated relations, the cultural interaction of various states which became the most vivid and controversial in the 20th century. Plunging more into this topic I began to read scientific articles about the phenomenon of international relations in the context of globalization and internationalization as well as about the historical and cultural differentiation of states. Here is a captivating quote «Science is like hunting - hunters are eager to catch elusive prey but blindly follow in the footsteps of the loudest barking dog». This expression briefly and clearly describes my desire to follow a unique path since the science of international relations is especially important in the 21st century and any solutions put forward in the international arena should go the way of deep reflection, forecasting, identification of cause-and-effect relationships, and not blindly follow the loud world trends. My goal is to become a highly qualified specialist in this field, to be able to represent national and regional interests and solve complex problems in pursuing a decision making career in international organizations or diplomatic services. I am sincerely convinced that the Stipendium Hungaricum program will give me the necessary knowledge in this area. Hopefully, convincing you of my suitability as a grant candidate.

I am extremely interested in gaining multilateral experience in various studies and research. I have already tried myself in studying abroad: I was granted to participate in an educational exchange program and I had the opportunity to study at the Faculty of International Relations at the University of Lodz, Poland, so get decent results at the end of the course in 2022. While studying there I acquired valuable knowledge on the specifics of interethnic relations based on historical and cultural heritage, realized and studied the multilevel and variability of the structure of interstate relations, got acquainted with the experience of conducting debates and discussions at the university level. At the moment, my colleague and I have thoroughly thought about and dealt with organizational issues regarding the opening of a debate circle in English on the basis of our institute where we will cover the most controversial and acute problems of globalizing political phenomena. Studying the discipline «Contemporary American involvement in the world policy» I wrote an article in a scientific journal on the topic «Russian-Japanese Relations in the 21st Century: Economic Partnership or Indifference?» where I considered the phenomenon of American influence on the external political-economic path of Japan.

I am extremely concerned about the current global situation caused by the Russian-Ukrainian crisis, personally faced the polarity of opinions about the situation and decided to study this phenomenon in more detail. I intend to write a research work on the topic «Russian-European relations concerning Ukrainian crisis: a new Cold War or new opportunities?». My Government has decided to change its foreign policy path to the East Asian direction ignoring Europe. I consider this decision ill-conceived and want to explore new opportunities for improving Russian-European relations in my scientific work in context of Russian-Hungarian cooperation. I decided to promote my candidacy in the scholarship program since Hungary is one of the few Western countries that has not suspended contact with Russia which gives base for the relevance of my scientific work. I am sure, studying at Széchenyi István University at the Faculty of International Relations will give me huge impulse for my analysis: I intend to cooperate with students, professors at the University in order to better understand the specifics of this problem and make my work less subjective and offer solutions to the problem through diplomacy.

After reviewing the disciplines offered by the faculty, I encountered such courses as «Current Conflicts in the World» which is very close to my topic and will contribute to a deeper analysis of world conflicts; «Theory and Practice of Diplomacy» which will allow me to study the art of diplomacy and further apply it in my future profession; «International relations after 1945» which provides an opportunity to analyze the causal relationships of actual state contradictions; «EU Policies» which will help me identify the main directions of the international course of the EU so will be inspected in my scientific work. I plan to apply the knowledge acquired by the program in my future activities home as an international expert and diplomat representing my native University as well as apply gained experience specifically in building the potential of international educational integration of my University and educational institutions of other countries taking into account the peculiarities of historical and cultural development.

Undoubtedly, studying in Hungary might be a challenge. On one side, language can be a barrier in daily life. However, having experience in an exchange program, specifically studying in Poland, I realize that I am open to learning a new language and ready for taking basic Hungarian lessons thus it would not be an obstacle. Moreover, according to my undergraduate exchange to Poland, I learned to adapt to European demands successfully.

Thank you for your consideration,
X
Relate the motivation more towards being inspired by the current Russian diplomatic relations on a global scale. That would be more consistent with current world events and global perception of Russia. Use more professional references whenever you can. Totally revise the first paragraph to meet this intention.

Do not use the word "extremely" twice at the start succeeding paragraphs. Vary the measurement of your interest presentation. use a different synonym whenever necessary.

Do not use citations of other sayings in the essay either. It could cause confusion even as it already offers a distraction from the actual discussion faces. The reviewer would rather hear about your thoughts than having to figure out what this means or waste time reading your explanation. clean up the unnecessary markings in the essay as well.

Home / Letters / Studying in Hungary challenge. International Relations - Motivation letter for STIPENDIUM HUNGARICUM