Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

Ielts: I share my on the disappointing dinner my family and I had at the restaurant

vodogra98 1 / -  
You took your family to a nearby restaurant. You were disappointed with the meal and wish to complain to the manager.

Write a letter to the manager of the restaurant.

In the letter:

explain why you were at the restaurant
describe the problems
write about the action you want the manager to take
You do NOT need to write your own address.

Begin your letter as: Dear Sir or Madam,

You should write at least 150 words

Dear Sir,

I am writing this letter to share my feedback on the disappointing dinner my family and I had at your restaurant last friday.

Due to the restaurant having numerous five-start reviews and walking proximity from my resident, I decided and booked the place to treat my family and the visiting guest for dinner. But, unfortunately, we were not happy with the service and food quality in general.

Let me explain myself. I had booked the restaurant in advance on Friday morning but when we arrived, my family and I were made to wait for twenty minutes due to the unavailability of the booked table. Further to our three-course meal, my parents complained of the soap being too salty, also children refused to finish their smoothies as they were too sugary.

Being the new customer, I can only recommend you advise your server to respect the booking timings or to inform the delay to the customer in advance. Furthermore, please also check with the cook to use less salt in the soup, and reduce sugar levels of smoothies.

I look forward to your response and revisit the restaurant.

Yours faithfully,

Shimt Koff
Your essay is direct to the point and provides all of the requirements as indicated in the letter writing instructions. Most of the problems of this letter pertain to vocabulary usage and grammar rule violations.

Grammar Rules:
Proper Noun Capitalization:
friday - Friday

Word / Phrase Usage / Vocabulary:
soap - soup
five start - five star
resident - residence
check with the cook to use less salt - advise the cook to use less...

It would be better for you to review your notes in relation to grammar rules of the English language. Focus on your fill in the blanks sentence exercises. Whenever you can, complete more word choice exercises to help build your vocabulary and also help you familiarize yourself with words that you might not really be used to using in English or, have no idea of how to use in an English sentence.

Home / Letters / Ielts: I share my on the disappointing dinner my family and I had at the restaurant