Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

I used Gant Chart and histogram highlighting the forecasted completion date of project' key areas

jsu0512 1 / -  
Cover Letter for Junior Structural Engineer Position

Hi, I would highly appreciate for your feedback on my cover letter for the Junior Structural Engineer position in consulting firm. Thank you,

Dear whom it may concern,

I am pleased to express my interest in pursuing a career for Junior Structural Engineer position at XXX. The skills and knowledge required to enter the Junior Structural Engineer position perfectly matches with my qualities as outlined in the enclosed resume. [...]

and after edit:

I am a self-motivated, goal oriented and analytic person, who is capable of carrying out the tasks in a fast-paced work environment. In my job as an assistant project manager at _____., I was able to work efficiently, prioritize my tasks and deal with a stressful situation. Being in charge of negotiating with the contractor was a challenge task for me, but I learnt to deal with the situations in a proactive and professional manner, and I was finally able to take the project moving forward and learnt a lot from this experience. My daily task was focus on the project planning, coordination and control. In addition to that, I have attained the practical experience in the construction field where my main focus was to ensure that the site works were carried out in accordance with the contract and regulation requirements.

I completed a structural engineering course at _______ University which makes me particularly well suited for this position. During the structural engineering course, I completed a project in which I designed simply supported bridge system based on the analysis of the structural behavior when subjected to static and dynamic loads. I also gained proficiency in using computer software to simulate the structural behavior of a bridge when loads are imposed on it. This course gave me a unique chance to develop my technical and analytical skills that I believe are essential to your company.

I believe I am a strong candidate for this position and would welcome an opportunity to meet with you in person to discuss about my skills and qualifications.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
EF_Sheri - / 27 22  
Hello! Your letter contains a few structural needs, but overall you've done well in getting to the point in a clear and concise manner--something prospective employers appreciate.

Dear whom it may concern,:

Consider opening with a thanks type of introduction. For example:
I appreciate the opportunity to submit my CV (or whatever you are submitting) for consideration for the position of Junior Structural Engineer at XXX.

I am pleased to express my interest in pursuing a career for Junior Structural Engineer position at XXX. The skills and knowledge required to enterfor the Junior Structural Engineer position perfectly matcheswith my qualities as outlined in the enclosed resume. (Consider removing "perfectly", as this is impossible and comes across as over-confident.)

During my most employment at XXX, I have developed my practical experience of assessing and inspecting the engineering works in the field.
This information allowed to bringing back the project theto be brought back onto the original schedule.

Thank you again for your time and consideration.

Good luck with the job!! :)

Home / Letters / I used Gant Chart and histogram highlighting the forecasted completion date of project' key areas