Home / Letters   % width Posts: 4

Waiter position - job application letter General Writing IELTS TASK 1

yeungwww 2 / 2  
You want to apply for the following job. Write a letter to Mr. Moore describing your previous experience and explaining why you would be suitable for the job.

Waiter/waitress required for evening work. Some experience necessary.

You should write at least 150 words.
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.

__________________________________________________________

Dear Mr. Moore

I am writing to apply your advertisement on your website for a waiter position and I will provide my relevant working experience.

I am currently a university student and am going to university during the day time. Therefore I am suitable for this job and very keen to apply in this position and I do have experience in food and beverage. The previous restaurant I worked call TOP ONE which is a Chinese restaurant locate at Brisbane's CBD. My mainly experiences in cashier assistant, dish Deliverer and administrative, also I have been working in this restaurant for eight months and because I went to overseas in my university term break for three months so they hire someone else on my position. I will be able to provide my previous manager reference detail on my CV.

My suitable working time is on Wednesday to Sunday from 4 P.M to 11 P.M and I might only working for two nights a week during exam period on June. If this schedule is not suitable in your restaurant, we could talk about it in interview.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Yours Faithfully

Peter wong
Raj44 1 / 2  
you have made many grammer mistakes.please read out the following sentences carefully for undestanding .

I am writing on behalf of your advertisemeant related to post of a waiter on your website.
I am going to unicersity________________________( in this way the sentence will have a more sense and it will also be grammmatically correct.)
Beverages.
The previous restaurant in which i have ___________
I WAS working in this restaurant for _______to overseas DURING MY TERM BREAK________
lookin forward FOR hearing____
You need to learn about tense ,prepositions,and use of during and also make sure that sentence make a complete sense.
Komank Sukarma 4 / 12  
Hi friend... your essay on application as a waiter reminded me when I applied for a job as a waiter too,
I am not a native English person, but I would like to give suggestion and recheck of what Raj44 corrected your essay. I just want to see this only: looking forward to hearing from you soon..blabla. based on my experience and my English lecturer said that: after looking forward , the word is to not for.

I dont know what the exactly reason is, but I found it everywhere is like that.
any ideas on i..just free feel to comment ok
thank you

Good luck friend
vidya200675 1 / 3  
Just be careful about the sentence formation and generally no personal details are provided in the job application mail. Please practice writing by learning new words and grammatical structures.Hope this correction is of some help to you.

Home / Letters / Waiter position - job application letter General Writing IELTS TASK 1