Home / Letters   % width Posts: 3

Write a letter to a person in charge and ask for detailed information related the seminar abroad

Neha_b123 3 / 7 3  

You would like to participate in a work-related seminar in another country.

Write a letter to the person in charge of the seminar and ask for detailed information regarding the dates, program, accommodation and cost.

My name is Nancy Roy and I would like to participate in the next upcoming "QA Methodologies" seminar, which is happening in the UK this year.

Since you are in charge of this event, I would like to know exact date, so I can book my flight in advance. Additionally, I have attended this seminar last year and I really like their practice session as well as one-on-one interaction with Guest speaker. Do you know who is the Guest speaker this year? Also, is the format of seminar same as last year or have they included any new events? Furthermore, can you please provide information about exact venue and closest accommodation I can find. I am looking for a hotel room with kitchenette., so I can cook myself. Lastly, what is the cost of attending full seminar for a week?

I am looking forward to meeting you and attending seminar.

Sincerely,
N
Neha, there are several glaring errors in his presentation. The first glaring mistake, is in the presentation of the letter, you do not follow the typical business letter format which usually uses the block styling presentation. This looks more like scribbled thoughts for the content of the letter rather than a draft letter. Next, you already know that the seminar will be held in the UK the next year, that implies that you already have the inclusive dates and venue on hand. There is no need to ask for that information in this instance. Rather, you should have worded the letter to ask if the seminar will push through on the inclusive dates so you can make your travel and accommodation plans for it.

Try to sound more cordial and less demanding in your letter. Remember, you are making inquiries, you are not in a position to make demands of the event organizer. Instead of saying "Do you know who the guest speaker is?" Say, "I thoroughly enjoyed the one on one meeting with last year's speaker XXX, has the speaker for this year been decided already?" As for the additional events, a more professional method of inquiry could have been used. Something along the lines of " As this seminar is a truly enjoyable event, I hope that there are new activities to be enjoyed this year?"

Since the organizer is most likely not involved in securing your accommodations, you need not inform them of the kind of facilities you require for your board and lodging. Now, for the cost of the seminar, you should have asked if the rates had increased from the amount from last year. always imply the information you require. Do not ask for direct information about it. It loses the respectful and academic tone that a business letter requires. You make this letter sound like you are bartering in the market instead of sending a professional and respectful inquiry letter.
jommiejr 3 / 8 1  
The letter is just a series of questions. Try to make a story to minimize the questions asked.

You also tend to forget articles like the.

There was this funny line you stated so I can cook myself, this is not a good idea.

Home / Letters / Write a letter to a person in charge and ask for detailed information related the seminar abroad