Home / Letters   % width Posts: 9

LETTER: Writing a letter to a bus company, informing them about a bag loss.

m00ny 2 / 20  
Full title: Write a letter to a bus company saying you have left something valuable on the bus and tell them what to do if they find it?

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing this letter to inform you about lost bag. Unhappy accident occurred yesterday afternoon - 10.2.2011 -, on a regional line London - Oxford.

The bus, which I took in London, arrived at station Oxford Square around 5 pm. I don't know exact number of the bus, however driver's name was Bill and he was driving white bus, with black stripes on each side. I forgot the bag at the right-back row. It is a common student bag, with one leather strap, brown color and big white text on a rear side; DUM.

In case anything similar appears or is returned to the office, please notify me on my mobile phone ++3856048966657 or use email jack.brown@gmail.com.

Many thanks for your help and cooperation.

Jack Brown

---------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------

Any comments or remark is strongly appreciated!
auds 2 / 40  
you about a lost bag

This

Unhappy accident occurred

I don't know the exact number of the bus

Okay well there was a few grammatical errors, so I suggest you look over this again.

Also I am confused on how you would know the driver of the bus because I know that when I ride the bus, the bus driver doesn't even introduce himself to me, so that was kinda off for me. Maybe describing the bus driver instead would be better.

I also think that you should stress the importance of finding this bag because you might catch their attention. This letter is too generic and may be tossed aside. You should mention that you plan to take serious action such as mail them everyday, if they do not apply to your letter and stuff.
OP m00ny 2 / 20  
Thanks!

I guess the thing with driver's name really is questionable, however I had an imagination driver is wearing a name badge =).
s_maryam 5 / 14  
moony
check this website: ielts-blog.com/recent-ielts-exams/ielts-test-in-caracas-venezuela-january-2011-academic-module/
there are the latest speaking exams.
Best:)
OP m00ny 2 / 20  
@s_maryam:
Thanks!! Even though, I'm taking general, it will help a lot :).

I don't know if you checked already, but here are few very useful things (for IELTS):
aippg.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=6
aippg.com/ielts/downloads/
s_maryam 5 / 14  
woww,thank you moon!
good websites
it is worth noting that the website that I mentioned have General exam either.
example:
ielts-blog.com/recent-ielts-exams/ielts-test-in-moscow-russia-january-2011-general-training/
good for u:)
Jovine 2 / 6  
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing this letter to inform you about a lost bag. Unhappy accident occurred yesterday afternoon - 10.2.2011 -, on a regional line London - Oxford.On the 10 February 2011, I took a bus in London. I arrived at station Oxford Square at approximately 5pm. I am not sure of the bus number, however the bus was white with black strips on the side and the driver's name was Bill. I left my bag at the right-back row.

In case anything similar appears or isIf the description above matches anything that returns to the office, please notify me on my mobile phone ++3856048966657 or email jack.brown@gmail.com.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing this letter to inform you about a lost bag. On the 10 February 2011, I took a bus in London. I arrived at station Oxford Square at approximately 5pm. I am not sure of the bus number, however the bus was white with black strips on the side and the driver's name was Bill. I left my bag at the right-back row. It is a common student bag, with one leather strap, brown color and big white text on a rear side; DUM. If the description matches anything that returns to your office, please contact me on my mobile phone ++3856048966657 or email jack.brown@gmail.com.

Many thanks for your cooperation
Jack Brown
OP m00ny 2 / 20  
Thanks Jovine!
This thread is great... I bet it will benefit a lot of people who look at it in the future. Thanks, everyone!

When you have more than one adjective in a row, use commas:

...and big, white text on the rear with the letters "DUM"

Moon, you hosted a great thread, here. Do you still have questions about this?

Home / Letters / LETTER: Writing a letter to a bus company, informing them about a bag loss.