Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

Writing to a hotel to ask for support in getting a forgotten papers

HanNguyen0510 18 / 40 17  

letter to a hotel manager

You recently attended a meeting at a hotel. When you returned home, you found you had left some important papers at the hotel. Write a letter to the manager of the hotel. In your letter:

- Say where you think you left the papers.
- Explain why they are so important.
- Tell the manager what you want him/her to do

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I am writing to seek your assistance to have my forgotten documents returned. There are some significant papers that I left in the meeting room at your hotel at which I participated in last week.

The table where I sat was close to the entrance. It was on the left side from the door, the second row and the third table. I do not remember whether I put the papers on the table or under the tablecloth. It is possible that my documents fell underneath the table or chair

I had selected and recorded those essential data during the conference. It is vital information that I wish to have in my business plan. The figures in the notes are necessary for my annual financial report.

If you manage to find the texts, I am willing to come back to the hotel and collect it; and please inform me if the papers could not be found.

I am looking forward to your replying.
Sincerely,
Han, it would be better to indicate that you either misplaced or left your documents behind. Don't say "forgotten" because that means you are not sure you left it at the hotel. When indicating that you left something, you need to be sure that you left it at that place and you should make the hotel manager believe your statement by using words that determine an assuredness in your statement.

A hotel has several meeting rooms. You need to be specific in this instance. You should mention (though not specified in the instructions, do it for clarity and cohesiveness purposes):

1. The name of the conference room
2. The date of the meeting
3. The time and duration of the meeting

For clarity purposes, in the second paragraph, you should have said "the third table at the second row". You don't need to present that as a conjunction at that point. You need to be coherent in your presentation.

You are not asking the manager to find "texts" you are asking him to find "documents". Text means the written word on the paper or within the file. The document is what the text is written on.

While your letter does contain several errors, I get a sense that you will be able to improve your letter writing task because you show that you can follow instructions in English, you understand what the letter should be about, and you are able to get your point across to the reader. While your grammar is still unpolished at this point, your written English should continue to show signs of improvement as you progress with your supervised writing exercises.

Home / Letters / Writing to a hotel to ask for support in getting a forgotten papers