Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

Ielts writing task 1: A response to a complaint of your neighbors about the noise from your house.

Lanita 1 / -  

Your neighbors have recently written to you to complain about the noise from your house/ flat.

Write a letter to your neighbors. In your letter

- explain the reasons for the noise

- apologize

- describe what action you will take

Dear neighbors,
I am Lanita, the owner of house 109. I have recently received your complaint letters regarding the noise coming out of my house. The noise is due to our 3-day friend's reunion dinner party after 5-year graduation. We chose to hold a party at home instead of going out with the hope of having a relaxed and homespun party. Meeting each other after a long time, we had so much fun that we forgot to turn the volume down on the speakers and speak softly, which caused you unnecessary stress over these last three days.

I genuinely apologize for the noise coming out on account of our negligence. Next time, I will be more cautious about holding a home party or finding a suitable place. Thank you for your reminders, and should anyone have any more concerns, kindly feel free to contact me.

Once again, I would like to apologize for this late recognition.
Yours faithfully,
Lanita.
The letter is using an inapplicable scenario. The prompt indicates that the noise problem must be a current problem that the writer is addressing. What was written was a letter regarding a previous noise problem instead. Therefore, the letter does not meet the writing requirements as outlined. There is no future possibility because the letter should have been written in present time reference. The writer clearly misunderstood the writing requirements and instructions. The examiner will assess the writer based on weak English comprehension skills. The incorrect response format will receive a failing TA score. This will be the score because the letter, though prompt compliant to a great extent, was written based on the wrong time frame.

Home / Letters / Ielts writing task 1: A response to a complaint of your neighbors about the noise from your house.