Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

AU YOUTH VOLUNTEER MOTIVATION LETTER 2019 - Information and Communications Technology research

oneezylefifi 1 / -  

I will share my ICT skills

As a creative and innovative African youth, I want to develop Africa by promoting research in Information and Communications Technology (ICT). I envision an Africa where educational institutions will equip students with the skills needed by industries so that we produce entrepreneurs than job seekers. Therefore ICT teaching should start from grassroots levels so that children become actively involved in computing. From a young age, children will develop problem-solving, critical thinking, creativity and innovation skills. Research in science, business and education will help develop Africa and keep up with the dynamic world of technology. Africans will come together to share ideas and their knowledge in ICT and this will promote unity and prosperity among them.

I have always been an active youth volunteer with social-oriented skills. I diligently work with a team and this allows me to utilize my leadership skill to bring prosperity. My internship has provided me with the ideal experience for this volunteerism. I developed communication, problem-solving and emotional intelligence skills. Furthermore, being part of Chiro Youth Movement has strengthened my passion for volunteerism. As a Junior Group Coordinator, I empower and motivate a new generation of active citizens to become responsible leaders.

As a self-motivated person, I am willing to go above and beyond on any project, and to learn valuable skills on my own. My coordinator position allowed me to be dedicated to the children I am serving. Even in high pressure moments, I can successfully produce positive results. Through my interaction with my colleagues and the local citizens, I will be able to learn their culture and share ideas and experiences of how to improve Africa especially the ICT sector focusing on cyber security, cyber bullying and equipping other Africans with knowledge and skills of how to use ICT.

I take pride in my emotional-intelligence skill. I am able to progress easily on the industry as I easily interact with people and form a great team player. I possess great leadership skills and the positive response I get from the people I serve adds more room for growth in me.

Through the aforementioned skills I possess, I will share my ICT skills to AU-YV and the host organisation. ICT will enable us to critically think, have creative and innovative ideas to develop us. Granted this opportunity of being part of AU-YV, I will work led by my time management, leadership and emotional-intelligence skills to achieve the Africa we want, which is an integrated, prosperous and peaceful Africa driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena.
Maria - / 1,098 389  
@oneezylefifi
Hi there!

The general flow, depth of content, and intricacy of your thoughts are all well done. I suggest focusing more on the technical side of writing. This includes the grammar, use of preposition and punctuation, and the overall structure of the paragraphs. Incorporating these thoughts would enable you to relay a message to the readers in the most efficient manner, making your writing effective in the long run. Having said that, notice how you have quite inorganic transitions between your sentences. Try to change that through adding more substance and packing more complexity into your manner of writing.

Remember that writing requires that you have an appropriate formality tone incorporated to your writing.

Best of luck as always.

Home / Letters / AU YOUTH VOLUNTEER MOTIVATION LETTER 2019 - Information and Communications Technology research