Home / Poetry   % width Posts: 2

Anabell Lee vs How do I Love Thee - a compare/contrast poem

rpachec4 1 / -  
hi I am writing a poem comparing and contrasting Anabell Lee by Edgar Allen Poe and How do I Love Thee? by Elizabeth Barret Browning. I am having difficulty figuring out a good way to break up the paper and how to start it off. any help would be appreciated.
One good strategy might be to learn a little about their lives and than argue that these aspects of their lives are reflected in the poems. You can make almost any argument you want if you can support it with examples. The important thing is to say something about the relationship between the two poems. In addition to showing the similarities and differences, you should make some point about the significance of the relationship between the two things being compared/contrasted.

So, give an attention grabbing first line, and then give a thesis statement at the end of the first paragraph.

Then, let the first sentence of every para be a topic sentence that makes a point to support your argument. Follow each topic sentence with an example or citation.

It will help if you google the titles with the word analysis. Google this:
analysis How do I Love Thee? Elizabeth Barret Browning

Home / Poetry / Anabell Lee vs How do I Love Thee - a compare/contrast poem