Home / Poetry   % width Posts: 3

Baby Doll, Phenomenal Woman - Comparing and contrasting two poems

maddymad 1 / -  
I have an essay due in two days too on either contrasting or comparing two poems that I have chosen from our literature book. One is by Piercy, title Baby Doll and the other is by Angelou, Phenomenal Woman. What the two have in similarity is about the images and symbolism of womanhood. However how they contrast is that one woman believes in herself and the other doesn't. I am very new at this. I need any help available. Thank you very much.
Google this:
compare contrast alternating opposing essay

The thesis statement should say something about the relationship between the two poems. It almost does not matter what observation you make about the relationship, as long as you make one!

:-)
That is great advice. If you are a beginner, you should google what Sue told you to google and try writing the type of essay called "alternating" compare and contrast. That means you will write one body paragraph about one of them, another body paragraph about the other, and a third that tells the similarities and differences. Then, go back and add an introduction para at the beginning and a conclusion at the end. If you post here, we'll help!!

:-)

Home / Poetry / Baby Doll, Phenomenal Woman - Comparing and contrasting two poems