Home / Poetry   % width Posts: 10

Cinquain / The Quatrain / The Concrete - Poems

maria /  
I thought i was going to get a really bad mark in poetry but for you i think infact i no i will get a good mark...THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH FOR HELPING ME!!!!!

Can you help me write more poems
i need to write a cinquain poem:
Cinquain: 5 line Poetry
Syllabic verse form. Gradually increasing number of syllables in each line until the last line, which returns to two syllables.
Form for younger students:
Line 1: 2 syllables One word giving the title. (noun)
Line 2: 4 syllables Two words that describe the title. (adjectives)
Line 3: 6 syllables Three words that express action. ( Verbs)
Line 4: 8 syllables Four words that express feeling.
Line 5: 2 syllables One word that gives the title a different name. (synonym)

a Quatrain:
The Quatrain
A Quatrain is a poem consisting of four lines of verse with a specific rhyming scheme. It is a very popular form of poetry. Famous poets like William Blake and T. S. Eliot used quatrains.

A few examples of a quatrain rhyming scheme's are as follows:
Abab
abba -envelope rhyme
aabb
aaba, bbcb, ccdc, dddd - chain rhyme
My teachers example:
I love the mountains in the fall,
as the leaves begin to turn.
Like decorations for the ball,
it makes my heart just yearn.

a concrete poem
Concrete Poetry
Words and phrases are arranged on paper to capture and extend the meaning. Each line should be a complete unit of thought.

and a caustic poem

Can you please write me these poems..i am really bad poetry person that can only write free verse poems....Please help me

Thank you so much
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
I must go for now, but I will be back in about 12 hours and promise I will help you then!

Sarah
OP maria /  
Thank you soo much, i will wait for your response!
OP maria /  
Can I please use your first two poems:
The sun says good-bye
Setting fire to the lake
As my dreams awake
And:
There once was a farmer named Weiser
Who horded his cash like a miser
His goat found the stash
And chowed down on the cash
Now his money's become fertilizer

I will wait for your reply!
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

I am not as familiar with cinquains and quatrains; I have heard of them, but never tried to write any. So, we'll learn together! My thinking is, it's easiest to describe something you're very familiar with. Imagine that you're describing the subject as if you were there, and the memories will help you find the words:

Summer
Humid, blazing
Sailing, swimming, sunning, burning
Joyful, goofy, giggly, silly
Freedom

You could try something similar to that with winter, spring or fall, too!

Sometimes a poem starts out one direction, and by the time you write the last line, you find it has ended up somewhere else entirely! That's what happened when I wrote this quatrain (in aabb form):

The lake at sunset burns like fire
Inflaming love's intense desire
My dreams of you began this way
But passion faded like the day

Not a happy ending, after all! :=)

I can't write all your poems for you, but if you have trouble with rhyming, I would suggest a rhyming dictionary--it can be very helpful! You might even find one online. When I write poems or songs, I usually just make a list of the words I'm trying to rhyme, starting with A and going through the entire alphabet, writing down every word I can think of that rhymes. You might want to try that, too!

Remember--the best way to write anything is just to start writing! Don't second-guess yourself or edit yourself until you've got something written; then go back and work on it until you like it. And don't judge your writing too harshly! It's all about learning as you go!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
OP maria /  
Thank you soo much, can you find me 2 words opposite to each other( about nature) . so i can write a diamante poem..thank you for helping me soooo much!
OP maria /  
Can you also please help me write a concrete poem(Words and phrases are arranged on paper to capture and extend the meaning. Each line should be a complete unit of thought.)

...PLEASE... i no i will have to draw the picture but i really need someone to help get the thoughts down...please please please help me

thank you
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

The great thing about nature is that it is balanced, so it's easy to come up with opposites. Here are some examples: night/day; dark/light; winter/summer; spring/fall; birth/death; hot/cold; rain/drought; sun/clouds (maybe not exact opposites, but close).

You asked about using my poems. I wrote them to help you, so I wouldn't mind, except you need to remember that this is a public forum which anyone can access, so you don't want to be accused of not doing your own assignments! It would be best to make some changes so that it's your own (substitute synonyms, for example--which would also be a good learning exercise for you!).

Best of luck!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
OP maria /  
Thank you ...Can you help me write a concrete poem please..i no its hard over the net but can you get me started please
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

I'm afraid I don't know anything about writing concrete poems; I've never heard of them. However, if it involves making the poem look a certain way on the paper, I doubt there would be any way I could demonstrate it here, anyway. There is less flexibility with formatting here than there would be using a typical word processing program.

All I can do is give you a suggestion: try writing a poem about how your mind goes blank when you try to write a poem! You could use a lot of white space on the paper to symbolize the emptiness of ideas...just a thought!

Good luck!

Sarah, EssayForum.com

Home / Poetry / Cinquain / The Quatrain / The Concrete - Poems