Home / Poetry   % width Posts: 13

Contrast poem and a rhmying couplet

maria /  
Can you please help me write 2 more poems
i have to write a Contrast poem and a rhmying couplet... Can you please help me write them
thank you
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

Well, I can't write them for you, but I'd be happy to critique them when you have a rough draft. It would help me to help you if you could post the definitions of both contrast poem and rhyming couplet. I have heard of the latter, but don't really know the structure of it; contrast poem is a new term to me (I assume it involves contrasting things, but more specific instruction would be good). If you have examples of either, as you did with some of the other types, that would be helpful, too.

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
OP maria /  
A couplet [CUP-let] is the simplest form of poetry. Do you see the word "couple" in couplet? A couple is two of something. A couplet is a poem made of two lines of rhyming poetry that usually have the same meter. There are no rules about length or rhythm. Two words that rhyme can be called a couplet. Do you know what the pioneers ate when they got desperate?

Ex. My friend has eyes like mud.
He always chews his cud.

Contrast Poem does show contrasting in it...PlEASE PLEASE OKEASE PLEASE can you write them for me! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

I'm sorry, but we're here to help students with their assignments, not to do the assignments for them! However much you do implore, I'll send you back to write some more! Couplets are easy, and fun! Try it, you can have fun with it.;-))

As I said, I'd be happy to give you my thoughts on them, once you've got them written.

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
OP maria /  
I have written a couplet:
May my life's breath find refuge in your heart
Destroyed in your love may my life depart.
Can you please help me make this bigger and edit it please
i seriouly need help writting a contrast poem now please please please please help me on this one!!!!!!!!!
OP maria /  
I also have to write a acrostic poem ....I choosed spring as my word and this what i got sooo far...
Scenic Beaches
pretty flowers are blooming
Rainbows appear
I
New Fun Activities
Good Times I have
I dont no what to write for I...can you help me out their and also can you please edit my work please
OP maria /  
I have written a half couplet i need help finishing it off... Can you please help:My poem
There is no limite to human desire

I dont no what to write next...Can you please edit and help me out
thanks
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

When you put your mind to it, you write very good poems! You don't need anyone to write them for you; yours are just fine! I really like this one:

Destroyed in your love may my life depart. - Now think about where it should logically go next. It sounds like a failed romance; you could use "fears" and "tears"; "lies" and "cries"; "forever" and "never"-- I know you can finish it! :-)

There is no limit [no "e"] to human desire - think about what rhymes with desire...
acquire
briar
choir
dire
fire (that's a good one)
hire
liar
mire
pyre (as in funeral)
sire
shire
tire (or retire)
wire...
and I bet you could come up with more! See if some of those help you finish. :-)

For your acrostic, there's lots you could do with "I": "I dance with joy"; "Ice cream melting"; "Indoors no more!"

Keep working, you're doing an excellent job!

Sarah, EssayForum.com
OP maria /  
I can do all but can you please write me something that rhymes with this:
There is no limit to human desire
I JUST CANT THINK OF ANYTHING

the first when i wrote this poem i wrote it like this
There is no limit to human desire
After two yards of burial cloth
We still want two yards of earth

But this is not a couplet and i need to make the first rhyme with the second. thank you
OP maria /  
I think i also need to fix my acrostic poem cause my teacher said to put like big words
Can you please help me do that on Spring or something like love, nature
Thank you
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

All right, because I can see you are trying, I'll give you some more help. ;-))

There is no limit to human desire
Its burning sets the heart on fire
But if ignited by a flash
The flames soon turn to soot and ash.

See, the trick is to do your list of rhyming words and then pick out ones which logically go together. To me, desire and fire is so obvious it's almost a cliché.

Softly, rain dances on leaves
Pattering quietly, dancing lightly
Rapidly flowing
Into the new day
Nudging buds from their hiding places
Growing life out of brown earth

And the trick for the acrostic (and really, any kind of poem) is to think of it like a picture. Imagine yourself there (in a Spring-like setting, for example), and ask "what would I be hearing? seeing? feeling?" For instance, right now I'm sitting by an open window and rain is softly pattering down onto the leaves...it wasn't hard to come up with the words! You just need to get yourself into the right frame of mind!

Now then--your turn! The next one's all yours! :-))

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
OP maria /  
THANK YOU SOO MUCH FOR HELPING YOU DONT KNOW HOW MUCH YOU HAVE MADE MY LIFE EASIER...THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

For my concrete poem I wrote my poem like in a broken heart shape....My poem is this:
This is in pain
Because there is nothing to gain
There's nothing remaining in my world
Except for your name
Nothing more
Nothing Less
How much patience of mine
You want to test?

Can you please edit it for me
thank you VERY MUCH
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

You're welcome, welcome, welcome!! :-))

Is the concrete poem supposed to rhyme in any particular pattern? I ask because your rhyming scheme seems a little inconsistent. Here's what I'd suggest (assuming it does need to rhyme and not in a specific pattern):

This heart is in pain
There is nothing left to gain
Nothing remaining in my world
Except for your name
Nothing more
Nothing Less
How much patience of mine
Must you test?

Good luck!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com

Home / Poetry / Contrast poem and a rhmying couplet