Home / Poetry   % width Posts: 3

"Harlem" by Langston Hughes and "Design" by Robert Frost - comparison/contract essay

crazyD478 1 / -  
I need help on writing a comparison-contrast essay on two poems. My two poems are "Harlem" by Langston Hughes and "Design" by Robert Frost. Any help is appreciated!
delilahcdeleon1 4 / 9  
Both ask poems questions. Both use the all senses to describe. Both ask the questions and offer possible solutions but lets the reader decide. Frost poem is about life and death and nature or design; whereas, Hughes poem is about a dream or hope deferred. Dream was written during the Harlem Renaissances and could be talking about the hopes of African Americans at that time. Hughes was usually an upbeat poet and didn't write to harsh about race issues of the time. Frost poem has a lot of symbolism the color white of the spider, flower, and the moth, witches broth (evil), death.
Google this:
compare contrast alternating opposing essay

Decide whether you want to use the alternating or opposing type.

Think of this as 2 different essays. Find some points to make about each. What is the common theme between them?

Let's see you start by writing a paragraph about each (i.e. the alternating type). So, write 2 paragraphs right now, and let them be body paragraphs. You can write the intro later.

Home / Poetry / "Harlem" by Langston Hughes and "Design" by Robert Frost - comparison/contract essay