Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 4

my action research project

febrarius 2 / 1  
Hello

I'm febrarius and I would like to know, if it would be possible for someone in the forum, could help me with my action research project.
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

I'd be happy to give you advice on ideas, content and editing. It would help if you could post the assignment instructions so I'll know exactly what is needed for this project.

Thanks!

Sarah, EssayForum.com
OP febrarius 2 / 1  
I'm not sure if this the complete project i'm have trouble with this project I'm really discourage at this point my preentation was suppose to be 6-19-07 I tred to explain to my professor I was having problem but she said that no excuse I did not show up last night to my presentation because I have a medical excuse for not coming last night I've strep throat now I've to get a doctor letter to show that I did have a reasonable excuse as why I coul not be at the presentation.so she said she will give me and incomplete grade. and then we have to set up a meet after the 11 of july so that I can present my project to she was not to happy with me. here it go s what you can do with this mess

Recommend Program for Bullying:

and a plan of corrective action
Criminal Justice Action Research Project

By
Felicita M. Harris

An Action Research Project Presented to the Criminal Justice Department in Partial Fulfillment of the Requirement for the Bachelor of Science Degree in Criminal Justice Keuka College 2007 Abstract

Recommend Programs for Bullying: Developed models assuring some success. Harris, Felicita M., 2007 Action Research Project, Keuka college, Bachelor of Science Degree Program in Criminal Justice.

This Action research Project report was designed for the purpose of recommending A plan of corrective action for school #17 by means of researching appropriate corrective action plan for school #17 that did not exist at the time of the onset of the research. This Project was also intended to develop and instill collaboration and coping skills amongst teachers at school #17. As such, teachers would see the value of diverting children from the criminal justice system in a most constructive way.

The researcher developed a statement problem that dealt with the reason why a new a plan of corrective action and the lack of and existing program need to be meet. From the problem statement, a literature review was conducted that identified appropriate programs that exist for school # 17, but are costly, an in a few cases the social culture of the school might be a problem .

The literature review also provided numerous programs in existence that were benchmarked for the purpose of designing the final recommended program.

The research plan involved analyzed survey results of opinion-based data derived from one research population. The staff of the school that participated in the survey questionnaire.

The analysis of the survey questionnaire revealed that all of the research population placed a high value on the need for a plan of corrective action. Survey questionnaire indicates that not only are the teacher inexperience in a lot of the bullying issues facing student today, but more importantly, they welcome a new approach on how to handle the bullying issues facing their school.

The researcher research numerous anti bullying benchmark model that were appropriate for the social climate of this particular school. a comparable program was found. It is hope that if the plan of corrective action is excepted and then later implemented this will lead to additional programs which would help school #17 work towards keeping their current bullying problems under control for the seeable future.

Table of Content

Page
Chapter 1: Introduction.... ....

Description of the Problem.... ...
Problem Statement... ...
Context of the Organization.... ....
History and Background of the Problem...
Stakeholder in the Process.... ...
Definition of the Varibles... ....
Importance of the Project.... ...
Force Field Analysis... ....
Definition of Terms.... ....

Chapter 2: Literature Review... ...

Introduction.... ....
History.... ...
Definition Of Bullying... ...
Programs and Prevention.... ...
Benefits... ...
Disadvantages.... ....
Corrective Action Plan
Anti bullying Programs
Literature Review Summary.... ...

Chapter 3: Methodology and Procedures.... ....

Data collection Plan.... ....
Description of the Methodology and Data Collection Instrument...
Limitation of the Data collection Plan...

Chapter 4: Results.... ...

Summary of Results.... ....
Statistical Analysis of Finding.... ....
Recommendations.... ....

Chapter 5: Conclusion.... ....

Conclusion.... ....
Recommendation For Future Research...
Chapter 6: Reflections... ...

References.... ... .

Annotated Bibiliography.... ...

Appendix
B. Data Collection Instrutment- Adminstrators

Tables

Adminstrators Data Collection Instrutment Analysis Questions 1-7

Figures

1. Force Field Analysis... ....
2.Cumulative Analysis of question1-7...

Chapter 1: Introduction

Description of the Problem

With schools spending so much time addressing behavioral issues, there seem to be this hopeless attitude as well concerning the educational future they are going to provided their students. There are so many children in the community that could benefit from someone spending time with them. Children feel good about them self when they see that someone cares for them. If children are encouraged not to bully others, they may continue not to bully in to

adulthood. Children, who are taught to handle streeful situation at an early age, may be less likely to commit crimes or get into trouble. The goal of this action research project is to recommend a anti bully program and plan of corrective action. In hopes that this will help reduce the bullying problem at school#17. And help create a bully free environment. The staff at school #17 may continue to seek bullying programs that will help them reduce bullying. By improving and searching for appropriate bullying program for their school, they will know that they are part of the solution and will see the significance of helping their student. It will make them feel like they are helping their student become productive individuals in society. This problem can be dealt with by finding bullying programs that address the bullying issue and focus on the schools climate. From the help of the surveys and a sequence of determinants that were developed through the literature review a plan of action was recommend, analyzed, and assessed by the researcher.

Problem Statement

The problem exists in the lack of opportunities for school # 17 to engage in a behavioral program that will fit into curriculum such as a bullying program.

Context of the organization

The research was conducted and study in one single organization school # 17. The research was administer to twenty five( but only 22 responded )
administrative staff member of school 17. School # 17 is a preK-6 school located on the northwest side Rochester New York. The researcher conducted a survey questionnaire by developing questions focused on inferred information, administrators involvement, and previous academic knowledge. From this Framework, the researcher independently conducted the literature review, research methodology, analyzed the results, and compared theoretical benchmark models from the one single setting. This culminated in the adaptation of a series of conclusions and recommendations for the effectiveness of such a plan that can berelated broadly in any organization willing to offer this opportunities to victims of bullying.

History and Background of the Problem

The educational organizations need to implement safer measure that will encourage bully victims to speak up against their tormentors. Engaging the victims of bully's to help create new laws and guide lines will ( with in the school climate) give them a sense of self worth and helps them to feel that they are part of the school social climate. Inclusion should promotes unity in our bully victims. Bully victims are not thinking about the school social climate and how they can

offer and give back to the school social climate. Schools need to get victims involved in opportunities where they can learn to care about other bully victims and what they can do to help them. Children who are bully victims today don't see or feel the need to help other bully victims unless they are shown or told about the need. The problem is located within the schools walls when many times the victims are not given the opportunity to speak out against there tormentor. All victims in general should be encouraged to speak out about bullying an become advocates against bullying. victims may not think of bullying advocating opportunities as a priority. By engaging schools that will allow victims to advocate, it may expand in them an innate need to continue to advocate for victims after their primary developmental periods and well in to adulthood. The staff members at school #17 who are teachers or students of the social climate of the school are affected by the problem of not enough victim advocates partaking in victim opportunities. Victims who are not exposed to other victims who could benefit from the presence in their lives are complex by the problem. In addition, schools that provide advocacy for our students also benefit from the advocates, both young and old. However as many researchers note," we have little evidence of what it takes for individuals to feel connected to the school community."

The description of the present problem, against the preferred status of the problem is as follow: there does not seem to be an established bullying program at school # 17. The researcher found numerous Anti bullying programs that are culturally compatible with the social climate of the school. The lack of commitment involvement in participating in acquiring an anti bullying program isn't a priority, so by creating a plan of corrective action and a list of anti bullying programs it is hope that it will help all the Participants and Enrico Fermi School # 17. Time wise today schools are over extended. By creating a bully victims advocacy program school #17 could help there students empower themselves and advocate for those Who feel that they are powerless. Schools that are deciding to do nothing about their bullying problems are not providing their students with a positive learning environment. Establishing opportunities for bully victims will be a great way to encourage the victims To maintain a positive attitude and a desire to help other bully victims. In studying the symptoms against the probable causes for the problem the researcher has concluded: (a) the lack of an Anti Bullying Program has to do with Enrico Fermi School # 17 need of funds, (b) there is a lack of administrative participation at school # 17 to encourage the teachers and students to help put and end to the bullying

issues facing their school, ( c) there is the issue of commitment for the bullying project (this point was revealed through the research process as a principal problem with school # 17 that they were not willing to participate, (d ) children may not know about the many different type of bullying, and (e) they may have never been the victim of a bully. The suggested problem theory for the problem was that school # 17 is too Concerned with cost of the bully program that they are not assessing the supportive needs of the bully victims. Bully victims should be encouraged to advocate against bullying in addition to

their present responsibilities so that they can see the personal benefit's that helping others brings. Schools should engage more students and bully victims to partake in advocating. Schools could benefit from knowing where to find bullying advocates who are willing to volunteer. The researcher discovered that there seems to be numerous youth advocacy programs. This clarified many identifiable reasons: ( a ) school that feel they are losing the bullying battle may not be thinking about the numerous advocacy programs suitable for their needs , ( b ) if no information is made availably free to our schools then how are they to address the bullying issues facing their students, and schools ( c ) educational institutes and schools as well, need to make an attempt to enlist and support today's bully victim and the current student body to get involved and help those in need.

Stakeholder in the Process

The researcher recognized the following prospective bullying models as probable use for a bully victim advocate program. They consist of: (a) organizations that allow the students to advocate such as after School Program, Daycare facilities, YMCA or ,(b) Youth Programs like the Girl Scout , Boy Scout and , (c ) Police dept, Church, Colleges

Definition of the VariablesIn ( 1999)

Walker Defines a variable as "A social Phenomena, characteristic, or behavior that a researcher is trying to learn something about" (p 19). Social phenomena: the variable of the social phenomena of the bullying project was suppose to be calculated alongside the (a) Students, (b) teachers, ( c) and the host, school # 17 who was not willing to participant in the observational part of this action project. The variable for this project to measure the value of the bullying project and its benefactors as well as the detection of the long term benefits to the bullying projects idea. Characteristics: Characteristic variables analysis of the research population examined were suppose to be as follow: (a) age and (b) nature of schools were pervious bullying program had successes.

Behaviors:

Behavioral variables analysis were suppose to consist of : (a) prior bullying project if any and (b) entire time for the bullying pilot project. Importance of the Project The importance of this action research has been to present in depth in the pervious sections of this chapter 1.In addition, research has revealed that

developing unity at an early age could lead to characteristic that redirect children from negative pressures that are common during the developing stages. As such, advocating can be well thought-out steps in preventing activities that are essentially based on the social phase of development as resistance to stern cognitive development in the educational field. Besides, The use of action and interference, strategies could be completely obverse at a time when poor influence from peers may encourage behavior that could ascend to criminal active. Force Field Analysis The force field analysis is a tool that is used to measure the viability of a project, model, or plan. The force field analysis was formulated by Kurt Lewin it is center around physics (Hersey & Blanchard, 1988, p. 15). The force field analysis has been used to diagnose situations and could be useful in looking at the variables involved in determining effectiveness (Hersey & Blanchard, 1988, p. 135). A force field analysis can help facilitate change in ideas processes and systems (Griffin,1996, p.359).

The researcher has included in figure 1 a force field analysis that portray the driving and restrictive forces of the project as measure against the recognized variables. Definition of the Terms In this project no new or distinctive terms were used.

Figure 1.

Force Field Analysis of the development of a Bullying Program (Griffin,1996, p.359). Variable Reasons For Anti Reasons Against Anti Category Bully program Bully Program Compelling Forces Preventive Forces ... ... ....

Social Phenomena:

1.Student want to 1.Not an adequate amount become part of the of involved backing to solution for the bully support a bullying program

2. Teachers want a 2. Teachers are not seeing the bully free environment importance in their students for their students. advocating for bullying victims

3. School can benefit from 3. Schools cannot produce a bullying program. chances due to the lack of funds

Characteristics:

1.The age of victim advocate
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

I know how stressful a big project like this cane be! You've done a lot of good work; the main problem I see is with grammar and, occasionally, sentence construction. One thing you do repeatedly is to not use a plural when you need one. If you are talking about more than one teacher, for instance, you need to say "teachers." Then, make sure your verb matches your plural subject and is in the correct tense: "teachers are inexperienced."

I've made some corrections for you:

The researcher developed a statement problem demonstrating the lack of an existing program and the need for a new a plan of corrective action. From the problem statement, a literature review was conducted that identified appropriate programs that exist for school # 17. Some are costly, and in a few cases, the social culture of the school might be a problem for implementing the plan.

The research plan involved analyzed survey results of opinion-based data derived from one research population--the staff of the school that participated in the survey questionnaire.

The survey questionnaire indicates that not only are the teachers inexperienced in a lot of the bullying issues facing students today, but more importantly, they welcome a new approach for handling the bullying issues facing their school.

The researcher researched numerous anti-bullying benchmark models that were appropriate for the social climate of this particular school. A comparable program was found. It is hope that if the plan of corrective action is accepted , and then later implemented, this will lead to additional programs which would help school #17 work towards keeping their current bullying problems under control for the foreseeable future.

"With schools spending so much time addressing behavioral issues, there seem to

be this hopeless attitude as well concerning the educational future they are going to

provided their students. There are so many children in the community that could benefit

from someone spending time with them." - This opening is a little weak. Any time you say something "seems to be" you are not making a very strong case. Better might be "Although schools are spending time and money addressing behavioral issues among students, the results have thus far been less than encourageing. Educators are concerned about the educational future they are able to provide their students. Many students do not have a supportive home environment and would benefit from having a mentor to spend extra time with them on both school work and interpersonal social issues, such as bullying."

Be sure to go through your paper carefully, to catch mistakes such as The importance of this action research has been to present in depth in the previous [not "pervious"] sections of [delete "this"] chapter 1.

Children feel good about themselves [not "them self"] when they see that someone cares for them.

I'm afraid there's a limit to how much editing I can do for you on this free site, but I hope this is enough to help! Just remember: if you've done the best you can possibly do, you've done enough!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com

Home / Research Papers / my action research project