Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 2

Assignment of Australian Business Law (Contract Law, the TPA & Sales of Goods Act)

Infern0 1 / -  
I have an 800 words assignment of Australian Business Law as follow:

Hair-U-Go Ltd. advertised in a Melbourne newspaper.
"Hair-U-Go Tonic: made from pure Emu oil is guaranteed to revive and restore hair growth to any male who applies it every night to his scalp for three months. If this does not occur, we will pay that male $10,000."

Henry Woods sees the advertisement, buys the tonic at the local chemist and applies it to his scalp, every night, for three months. At the end of that period, all of his hair falls out.

With reference to principles of common law, advise Henry whether he has a binding contract with Hair-U-Go and whether he can sue under it?
Rationale:
This assignment is designed to assess your understanding of Contract law, the Trade Practices Act (Cth) and the Sale of Goods Act.

This is the first time I have to do such an assignment, so can you please help me on how is this case under the Australian Business Law, and how to develop it to a 800 words writing? Thanks a lot!!
amrosca 4 / 130  
Hei there! :)

I've seen this thread remaining unanswered for a while now, so I am just going to tell you what I am thinking although I slept through all those classes in 7th grade when I should have learned something about business and finances. What you're going to read is what I personally think, so don't go too "it's not what I was looking for" on my ass, ok?

To be honest, the assignment is pretty straight forward, all you need to do is your homework. So, start reading about the Contract law, the Trade Practices Act and the Sale of Goods Act; perhaps you could also check the Australian Consumer's Law out. Basically, you want to find laws that will help you satisfy your customer. Can you find among the above mentioned laws and acts something that will help you defend him in court? Yes or no?

The result of this research you'll have to put into a normal essay with intro, body and conclusion. If you manage to find out that you can defend your client I suggest you adopt a confident, slightly aggressive yet diplomatic tone in your essay.

Good luck!

Home / Research Papers / Assignment of Australian Business Law (Contract Law, the TPA & Sales of Goods Act)