Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 3

We will be best friend till eternity; IGCSE Coursework

jomk 1 / 1  
We will be best friend till eternity...

As dawn approach, it welcomes me with this gloomy grey sky and the roaring sound of thunder. Lightning was flashing every few seconds like it was racing with my heart beats. I felt heavy and droopy listening to the sound of rain drops as it rambled down the roof of my house, it gave me the sense of nuisance, I couldn't hear my own thoughts.

I walked down the hallway to find my way to Samantha's room, Samantha is my best friend we known each other for decades. I tell her about everything because I trust her so much, I didn't think of her as a best friend but as a sister. She too trust me, she tells me everything. The way down the hallway is quite gloomy and dark, with old ragged velvet carpet on the floor and the walls are made from bricks like an abandoned castle we use to see in children's story book. On the wall there were armor plates, knife and phrases in Latin etched on to the wall. When I first came here I was quite scared to walk alone around the school since this school has been here longer than my grand-grand- parents.

As I reach Samantha's room, I knock on her door, she answers immediately" Come in!" I open the door and walk into her room she gave me a smile. Samantha's smile always enlighten up my day she got the best smile ever, her green eyes are sparkly as glitter and her skin is as white and pure as pearl. I always envy of her because she's like the definition for the word 'perfect'. She is good at all subjects, also she has a talent in both music and sports. I lie down on her bed as I wait for her to brush her teeth. I was thinking about the basketball competition that will be held in Louisana that Mr. Fradley told us yesterday, it's a great opportunity but I will have to ask Samantha first if she's going or not. I wasn't sure of the answer whether Samantha will be free or not since she's quite busy with her flute exam but I really do wish she could go.

"Samantha you remember about yesterday that Mr. Fradley told us about the basketball competition?" I asked.
"Yeah, of course I do." She answered
"So are you planning to go?"
" Oh, um...I'm sorry my flute exam will be on October, so I can't miss any lesson. But I think you should go because you know it's like the first time that our team will get to go abroad and it's a good opportunity." Samantha always say thing like an optimist, her heart is filled with faith.

"You should come with us, I don't think our team will get very far without you."
"You guys are also good, don't worry just do your best." She said it with a cheerful tone that complements with her smile.

"Okay, I will go back to my room to finish the history essay. Bye, see you later."

After I finish everything I sat back on my desk and thought about the competition again. I don't know why but I just feel bad and guilty for Samantha, it's like I'm leaving her forever.

October 26, 1978.

I hugged Samantha before leave to the airport, I don't know why tear drops start pouring out of my eyes. I feel like this is going to be the last time I will see her, she pats me on my back.

"Don't worry Anna, I will be waiting for you here."

In Louisiana the Sun smiles brightly and follows us everywhere we go, the temperature is very cozy. However we didn't get to spend very long breathing in the fresh air. The coach approach the car park and we have to sit on it for another 3 hours to our hotel. I feel exhausted as I gradually fall asleep.

"Don't worry Anna, I will be waiting for you here, here, here." The voice of Samantha echoes quietly, I can see a girl dressed in a white dress through the darkness of my thought, she's so far away I can't see what she's doing all I could here is the sound of her sobbing and the next minute she's gone forever.

" Anna? Anna wake up!" Linda woke me up from my misery.

I slowly open my eyes, shade my eyes from the glare of sunlight hitting directly into my eyes. The building in front of me is about 2 floor and on the right corner the tree has grown covering nearly half of the building, the rest of the building looks quite old. The building is made out of red bricks which the rain has corrode it creating splotches of black pigment on it. The building has about 6 windows which are tightly closed and I can see a glowing yellow light through the glass of every window. The entrance is an enormous wooden door, with a wooden sign saying 'WELCOME' hanging on the door knob.

I feel shrill, the place is surrounded by forest that cover up almost everything . The river has evaporated making the air damp and moist. Sound of birds singing and chanting, as the leave sway side by side.

We went inside to check in and get our key, I walk to the first desk I see when I slowly open the creaking door. The room was decorated in an Elizabethan Time; huge paintings of British ladies covered with dust and cobweb were hanged around the room . The room was glowing with yellow light from the chandelier on the ceiling, the room wasn't really bright with only the light from the chandelier and fire place. The old woman who's doing her knitting turn to talk to us.

"Would you like a room with five beds?" The old lady asked.

I paused for a moment turning to count my friends.

"No, thank you. There are only four of us." I said it in a confused tone.

The water from the shower rain over my body, replenishing all of my tiredness. I'm alone tonight because my friends have gone out to watch a movie but I'm too tired so I decided to stay. I rotate the shower knob, and it went complete silent, all I could here was the sound of air conditioner buzzing and group of kids laughing as they walk pass my room. I hear a loud knock n the door , I quickly put on my pajamas. I look through the cat eye and there was nobody standing infront of the door. I open the door and look on to my left and right and there was nobody.

The rain was pouring down like cats and dogs, the light flickers on and off. I felt cold, like there my spine was covered in ice so I snug into the blanket and wrap myself tightly. The light finally went off and I'm sitting here alone in this dark room. My mind flash back to the dream I had on the bus and now I'm hearing that voice again. The voice of Samantha, is she okay?
samanthaxo 1 / 1  
Watch what tense you're using throughout your writing. You can't use two different tenses, just one.

For example, for the beginning part, you can use either:

We will be best friends for eternity...
As dawn approaches, it welcomes me with this gloomy, grey sky, and the roaring sound of thunder. Lightning is flashing every few seconds like it's racing with my heart beats. I feel heavy and droopy listening to the sound of rain drops as they ramble down the roof of my house. It gives me the sense of nuisance, I can't hear my own thoughts.

OR

We will be best friends for eternity...
As dawn approached, it welcomed me with this gloomy, grey sky, and the roaring sound of thunder. Lightning was flashing every few seconds like it was racing with my heart beats. I felt heavy and droopy listening to the sound of rain drops as it rambled down the roof of my house, it gave me the sense of nuisance, I couldn't hear my own thoughts.

:)
marga253 - / 1  
My best friends is Loli; She lives in Murcia

I think that I am very lucky because I have a few friends but they are very good friends. My best friends is Loli. She lives in Murcia. She is thirty-two years old. She has two children, one boy and one girl. She is thin an short. She has long blonde hair and her eyes are blue. She is a good friend, because when her friends have difficult, she always help them.

She is administrator, she likes finish his jobs rapidly, she is nice with the people. She works two evening during the week. We have some character, we like to speak with the people.

Home / Research Papers / We will be best friend till eternity; IGCSE Coursework