Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 3

DOES CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES DO MORE HARM THAN GOOD

bluekitty 1 / 1 1  
I need a peer review of this research papers, please : )

The foster care system in this country is in dire need of revision and a new system put in its place which
includes support for struggling families and a change in mindset about who really should be making
choices for our nation's children. The foster care system has gotten out of control in this country and
our society is being greatly harmed through its "the state knows best" mindset.

This is all especially outrageous when you consider 86.2% of these child victims are put into
what is essentially a jail for children (what child in this system wouldn't agree that being away
from their families is a punishment) whose parents committed the grievous crime of having a differing
opinion on child rearing than the attending social worker, called neglect. Most
of these differing opinions are in the way of freedom of religion in reference to education, financial
hardships, medical care choices and non-abusive child rearing practices, while only 13.8% are removed
for actual physical or sexual abuse. These children are then placed into homes
where they are 10 times more likely to be sexually or physically abused, than they were with their
families of origin.

The answer to this problem is to educate the public on just whose kids are being legally kidnapped
and how similar to themselves these victims are and what the outcome of foster situations are for the
children whom the state claims to be protecting. Statistically children who "age out" of the foster care
system will have bad outcomes, with rare exception. Statistically we know of the thousands of children
who grow up in foster care with no permanent families of their own, one in five will become homeless
after age eighteen, only 58 percent will graduate from high school by age nineteen compared to 87
percent in the general population, 71 percent of the young women will become pregnant by age 21, by
age 24 years only half are employed, fewer than 3 percent will earn a college degree by age 25 years old
in comparison to the general population in which 28 percent of all 25 year olds will have graduated from
college, and finally 25 percent will be involved the criminal justice system after leaving the foster caresystem.

There are other statistics that reflect and even deeper problem. Over seventy percent of women who
are prostitutes report they spent time in the foster care system, while forty five percent of female
prostitutes who spent time in foster care were also sexually abused.

Also 22 percent of American children in foster care will run away, some repeatedly. In any system
designed to protect a segment of the population but instead treats them so badly they runaway, its
a hallmark sign of the extreme flaw in this system, which should not exist. According to stirjournal
foster care is a roadway to health problems, homelessness, early pregnancy, arrest, incarceration, and
sex trafficking. Foster kids or former foster kids are five times more likely to commit suicide and eight
times more likely to hospitalized for a serious psychiatric disorder. (Rita Soronen)

If people knew just how barbaric and fascist supposed "child protective" services have become and
how this has too long been tolerated by the public, due to Orwellian mind control and
conditioning by the media controlled by a fascist government, which is ruled by the same people who
own the media; the multinational corporations.

If you really think about it, it's only been since the last thirty years in our society that there has been
this mindset, due to brainwashing really. This legal kidnapping of children is a violation of the
constitution and common decency. In times previous to this "new think" fascists mindset by social
services, there were a very small percentage of kids taken from obviously terribly abusive parents and
usually placed with other relatives to raise. This was a reasonable system. (Joachim Hagopian)

From the vantage point of the state, child protective services is money making institution for them.
The reason for this is the money the federal government gives for every child who is taken from their
own family and given to strangers to adopt, while being made possible by the brain washing of the
public by the media to believe that this is a good way for a society to protect children from abuse.

If the small percentage of the children who are currently being taken, who do actually suffer from
sexual or severe physical abuse were then placed with relatives whenever possible, the number of kids
left would be so small that through very selective choosing of foster homes the whole situation could be
changed and foster care could once again be a reasonable outcome in rare situations.

The total revamping of this broken system would change things radically for the better because not
everyone is going to agree that foster care is a fascists system which should be eradicated, as I do. But
I believe that legally kidnapping children is not constitutional and should be eradicated. Don't get me
wrong, it is truly tragic that children should suffer severe forms of abuse that include sexual and
physical abuse but what right do we as a society really have to take children from their parents?
Children who with very rare exception want to stay with their parents, because it's a fact of nature
that children love their parents. It's a natural instinct and there seems to be an emotional attachment
that causes kids to be emotionally unstable raised in any other situation than the one they were born
into. Perhaps this is a God given bond meant to make and keep people a family.

If you really think about it, when did it become ok to just go in and take peoples children,
destroying families, on the word of anybody and say it's for their protection?
When did this become a country of guilty until proven innocent? And even if proven innocent
and the children returned, the damage is already done, the family traumatized, the children
destroyed.

I've done a great deal of research on this subject after adopting a child out of the foster
care system who was systematically severely abused there and have come to understand what a
demonically inspired vehicle for the destruction of our children the so called "child
protective services" administration is in this country really is. And while the conclusions I've
come to are startling and not mainstream they are a fresh perspective worth our consideration
in this time of so many people abandoning their children to be raised by relatives or others because of
the tremendous pressure put on a person by the domination of the politically correct overseers who
rule our society these days. And of course because of the little "prisoners of war" that suffer in the care
of a state system which says they are better off away from their families, no matter what they feel or
what the cost to our society and families.

If you think about this from a historical perspective, these are the kinds of things done in Nazi
Germany during World War II. When any society takes away from parents the right to parent as
they see fit, what is really being done and not so very subtly, is the destruction of the family.
because not only the families who have been destroyed by the wrenching away of their most
precious members but all the families who remain must live in fear of not living up to the
expectations of the powers that be. Kids today threaten their parents with "I'll call the police
on you" if not given their way. These same kids have been brain washed to do this by the public
school system that tells them, if your parents make you feel bad, that's abuse and other such
nonsense that causes a displacement of parental power in the family and has currently resulted in
a whole generation of kids with no moral compass. Many of whom don't think they should have to work
but that the world owes them, all caused by the new raising of the kids by the state and its politically
correct guidelines taught and promoted in the schools and enforced by the powers that be.

It is no wonder so many kids are abandoned these days, as they have been raised with no
morals and sense of duty because the religion of subservience to the state and its minions
rules for now.

Foster care and state social services does do more harm than good as can easily be seen by
the statistics above. We do our nations at risk and abused children no favor by traumatizing
them and placing them in the care of strangers who may or may not have gotten involved with foster
care in order to gain access to children to abuse. Yes, that does happen and more often than not in
a fractured and badly broken system than has become so incredibly huge as to make it unstable and
particularly hard and uncaring. (Douglas Besharov)

The big challenge is to get people to consider the way they've been conditioned to think all of this
big government control is ok and consider the possibility that people's rights are constantly being
violated. I heard someone say just the other day that he had come from a communist county in
Europe to be free here but even in the communist country the government didn't interfere with
what medical treatment people give their kids. So, at least from one man's perspective the US is
more restrictive with its people being less free than in his former communist country in Europe. And
you can hear similar stories on the internet about how the American citizens seemed to have
failed to notice our country has been taken over by a fascist dictatorship. It's obvious to anyone who's
not too busy and mind controlled by the media to see the truth. People are so busy with their jobs, foot
ball games, night life, and other commitments in our over worked and overstressed society that they
failed to notice when this county became a fascist regime and with most so under educated that they
are unable to understand what's really going on and probably too financially distracted to figure it out.
(Citizens for Parental Rights)

With the coming bankrupting of our nation the good news is they will no longer be able to support this
legal kidnapping of children or other forms of totalitarianism that we currently suffer under.
In the mean time please tell one another this saying. I didn't say anything when they came for the Jews
because I wasn't a Jew, I didn't complain when they came for the Christians because I wasn't a Christian,
I didn't revolt when they came for the Gays because I wasn't Gay, and now they're coming for me and
it's too late.

In conclusion, I think we as a people need to stand up for the victims who have been imprisoned
against their own and their families will. This can easily be remedied by arresting the perpetrators of
crimes against children, just as any criminal is arrested and given a fair trial, so should accused child
abusers. Not enough evidence to arrest them, then of course their children should be left in their home.
Just as if there is enough evidence to arrest the accused child abusers, then they should be arrested and
removed from the home and the child left with the remaining parent or other relatives, thus eliminating
the need for foster care and removal of children from their homes for the crimes of others. (Will Gaston)

In what other situation is the victim incarcerated while the criminal is left in their home to
offend again? Seems like there is something very wrong with a system that does this and any
thinking person would agree, especially when you consider how much money the state would
save in the long run on prisons, mental hospital confinement, and the high cost of drug addiction
because these are the most likely outcomes for kids who age out of the foster care system in our
nation.

I think we are writing the history pages of the future, when they speak of a government so
harsh and controlling that is destroyed families by the thousands by making laws to allow the
legal kidnap of children and it was ironically done by a state agency called "child protective
services". May the legend begin and the practice comes to a speedy end.

Albert Einstein once said: The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but
because of those who look on and do nothing. What will you do?

Works Cited

1. Hagopian, Joachim, Don't Let the Bastards Getcha Down.

2. Besharov, Douglas, Malpractice in Child Placement Civil Liability for Inadequate Foster Care Services, full article may be found at the American bar association, ooo9-4021/84/030195-1001.25, welfareacademy, Found 10-15-15, Web

3. Soronen, Rita, CNN.

4. Shilhavy, Brian, Health Impact News, Health Impact News Editor.

5. Einstein, Albert, The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.

6. Citizens for Parental Rights on Thursday Jan 15th, 2015 01:41am in NONPROFITS.

7. Gaston, Will, Sui Juris, The Truth in the Record: a process for people to access the courts, book pg. 16, speaks of massive numbers of children kidnapped by the states in this nation.

8. Casey, Jim, Jim Casey Youth Initiative Aging Out, JimCaseyYouth.org, found 11-19-15 Web

9. Child Abuse and Neglect Statistics, AmericanHumane.org found 11-19-15 Web

10. Jacobs, Ruth, Soul Destruction, Souldestruction.org, found on 11-19-15, Web

11. Stirjournal.com, found on 11-19-15, Web
qamar3811 1 / 8  
hi Michele, i read your paper and i must say i am impressed. it is a topic that is so near my heart.
at some places i noticed that you have written it informally, it will improve if you use formal language as it is a paper you want to publish.

if you use in-line citation, that will be beneficial if you intend to publish.
and finally, it can be shortened, as it contains many sentences that if you remove those, the theme of your essay will not differ and your writing will appear more pleasant to read.

I hope I am able to help.
Michelle, I did a proof reading session on your essay and here's what I have;

- presentation wise, I believe you will be able to comprise your paragraphs into not so big ones
but not as short as the ones you have either.
- your citation work is good and it will be better if you incorporate it in the body of the essay and not just
in the end of the paper.
- the research paper itself is very timely, this issue is one of those issues that is never resolve, it needs to be strengthen and voices should be heard.

Nevertheless, your research paper is written well and for future reference, make sure that your facts are solid and it will back you up anytime and for just in case situations.

Home / Research Papers / DOES CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES DO MORE HARM THAN GOOD