Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 3

The dangers of Fast Food and GMOs - so many people are unaware of their harmful effect.

Jelichi 1 / -  
Fast Food and GMO's

To begin with, People really need start being more aware of what they consume. Many people are just not knowable on the harmful effects of the food industry. Attention reader immediately drop all the burgers, sweet tomatoes, and long lasting Brussels sprouts; even fast-food, and eating out at Chinese and other restaurants can do damage to your body. Not everybody know this but most food you go out and eat at a restaurant has what's known as GMO's "genetically modified organisms". This can cause medical and psychological problems in human when consuming foods with GMO/ genetically engineered food. The foods with GMO's are unlike regular food, because these genetically modified super foods can, can make people hungrier for that food or even cause medical problems. The only benefits increased revenue for chefs and great tasting food. But the thing to me I think should worry all people is that "GMO seeds are used in 90 percent of corn, soybeans and cotton grown in the United States, according to the Center for Food Safety". Going out to eat at restaurants is that not only does it affect our ability to produce crops, it also affects our health. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like we can stop this dangerous act of genetically modifying our crops to be more resist to bugs, and weather. I would say that reading both pros and cons of GMO's I am still against it all the way. The most major benefits of GMO's I would say are "Less chemicals, time, machinery, and land are needed for GMO crops and animals, which can help reduce environmental pollution, greenhouse gas emissions, and soil erosion", but I am still against them they are bad for health some evidence proves (Mandel). A lot of people claim GMOS make the food taste better so that is the psychological part of it.

The crazy thing is all the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) know they are bad for the people, but they still approve them despite many of the controversial negatives. If the FDA only did more research they would see the harmful effects that the fast food industry has caused to many human bodies genetically modifying the produce and ingredients used to create the food.

The fast food and produce industry are using so much GMO's in their products and unless you get an all organic produce you will be consuming GMOS. In this assignment I will be telling you the harmful effects of consuming these GMO'S at most places we commonly eat at. One Crazy theory I read about Consuming GMO's is that they might migrate DNA to the person who eats them. I don't know if this is true or not, but "there is scientific consensus that once widely released, recalling transgenes or foreign DNA sequences, whose safety is still subject to scientific debate, will not be feasible" I would say anything is possible(Murnaghan). Everywhere we go we run into these GMOS and we don't know it; this is how you can tell. To continue, if you want to spot GMO'S foods" China, Australia, and the European Union require GMO foods to be labeled" just pick it up and read the back (Mandel). People get mad over the idea that these GMOS are very polluting to our earth as well. Additional problems these GMOS are creating the rise of super weeds. With these new super weeds growing "Farmers have to use more and more and stronger pesticide to keep up" creating more pollution (WebMD). Some scientist do claim good things about GMO'S just to not totally bash on them. For example, the only reason I like GMOS is that they will help feed a lot of people on our planet since they act as preservatives liked canned foods do, and last longer.

It's dangerous for us as humans to consume these GMOs because they can do harm to our bodies. Think about it a food that was genetically modified to live longer, and not break down in your body like a natural tomato would. Also, GMOS; there just not organic or healthy for us as much as an all-natural no pesticide fruit would be. Actually I can be wrong, because they can genetically modify fruits to have more health benefits, but I would stick to the all organic and natural way of things. May be better for you I would assume without any chemicals. Every time someone says GMOS I think McDonald's. Just like the super-size me movie experiment on YouTube when the guy left GMO fries in a jar and they lasted weeks without molding. They did the same test to regular fries made by a restaurant that used real oil and potatoes; it only lasted a few days. People don't understand that food isn't supposed to last that long. There is many evidence supporting that foods like this that can cause colon cancer, and other health problems. These farmers planting all there GMO crops are making a fortune because they don't have to spend much time and money maintaining the crops like organic farming does. The GMO business is somewhat of an un-talked about, silenced, or look the other direction topic. People kind of just ignore it, I feel like the whole industry is shady and know they are causing harm to the planet. But it's something that needs to be done to feed the billions of people on earth. The question I just who is going to do it and look the other way like they are not destroying mother earth and feeding her children at the same time? These Farmers that till the GMO crop trimmings "Tilling, or stirring up the dirt, gets rid of weeds, but it also causes dirt to be washed away into streams and rivers" washing all there chemicals into the streams (WebMD).

Moreover, a second danger of consuming GMO foods and crops is that us as humans an issue in GMO foods that may trigger allergies in humans. Crossing all these genes to make a plant more resistant can "alternately, create a new allergen could be produced when genes are mixed across different species" that can be passed on to humans (GENE). They can easily make a human have a bad day if they come in contact with one of these new GMO that they are allergic to. People are very smart in cross breeding plants in order to manipulate the genes. But honestly this only causes problems, and more chance of super plants to be created. The FDA does approve of a lot of things so it baffles me that these GMO somehow manage to get approve how on earth? With all the negative effects and scientific research has proved GMOS to be non-natural, overall and bad for our earth. We should really stop introducing new alleges on earth and polluting it at the same time with these GMO crops and feeding them to our people.

The major problem is that this a worldwide dilemma that cannot be stopped. The FDA is responsible for making sure that the produce from crops is tested; making it there choice to decide if the food is edible. But did you know the FDA also approves of cereal companies. In fact there is claims that rat poo and bug wings are in almost every factory there is no way to get rid of it. Still I would say that the fact we eat an estimated 1lb of bugs unknowingly a year shows how safe our foods are from the FDA. I guess in the end the choice is yours do you want to risk your own health benefits for longer lasting, and better tasting food? Or do you go the all-natural way of things and cause no harm to the earth or your body. GMO in foods and crops needs to be more widely aware for people to know the truth.

All consumers have the ability to see if they are eating GMO foods, and personally sometimes I do eat GMO'S.I am just very against the proves GMO crops can pollute the earth and how it is harmful to us if we eat it too often For Me GMO is kind of like a scapegoat for farmers an excuse to pollute and alter using chemicals in there foods.

To conclude if we GMO'S in our foods by going out and eating at fast foods we can really damage our bodies, and pollute the environment. So many people are unaware of the GMO they are consuming and the harmful effect that it may cause in their bodies. Sadly, the FDA does nothing to inform us on the dangerous it can cause to us, and our siblings. I say we stand up and make everything organic it taste better anyway in my opinion. Too bad agriculture companies and the food industry will continue using "GMO for longer shelf life and safer transportation (Murnaghan). Likewise many people would really benefit from taking my advice but it's a dual edged sword that will never be sharpened.

Angelica Rodriguez Lugo
ENG102

Reference Page/Works cited

Ken (Mandel)"GMO Food Pros and Cons." Newsmax. N.p., 11 June 2015. Web. 16 Apr. 2016.
"The Truth About GMOs: Are They Safe? What Do We Know?" WebMD. WebMD, n.d. Web. 16 Apr. 2016. webmd.com/food-recipes/truth-about-gmos?page=3
(Murnaghan), IAN. "Fact Sheet: Pros vs Cons." Fact Sheet: Pros vs Cons. N.p., 13 Apr. 2016. Web. 16 Apr. 2016.

Three categories in which you feel your essay could be stronger, or choose areas in which your writing has shown weakness in the past.
Three categories I say I could have been strongest is being a bit more persuasive using loaded language, and not as much slang words a better vocabulary. Also, in the past my weakness was showing credibility within my work I feel like I am doing a bit better now. Last of all I know that I am needing to be stronger in my sentence fluency, and not dragging along run-ons maybe proper use of semi colons and commas.

1-2 paragraphs that detail the following information:
What was the most interesting piece of feedback you received from the review? This can be something surprising, something disturbing, or even something that you do not agree with.

How do you plan to address your feedback as you work on your revision?
sophie77 2 / 3  
ThisIt can cause medical and psychological problems in humanfor those who consumesconsuming foods with GMO/ genetically engineered food. The foods with GMO's GMO foods are unlikedifferent from regular food, becauseas these genetically modified super foods can, can make people hungrier for that ...

The only benefits are increased revenue for chefs ...
But the thingto meWhile I think should worry all people is that "GMO seeds ...

The crazy thing isthatdespite the fact that all the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) know theyGMOs are badharmful for the people, but they still approve them despite ...
HI Angelica, first of all, WELCOME to Essay Forum, I hope you find this website helpful as well as useful to your writing needs. Please do share this website to your friends so that they will participate in practicing the English language and master it in the process.

Now, going back to your research paper, I must say that it is well written, you were able to come up with comprehensive information that is backed by your well researched information. The length as well as how your essay is presented is also essential in the submission of your paper.

However, the citation that you have included in your essay can be further focused if you add them alongside the facts that you have drawn from the particular source. Overall, it is a well written research, as mentioned earlier and I hope to review more of your writing here on EF in the coming days.

Home / Research Papers / The dangers of Fast Food and GMOs - so many people are unaware of their harmful effect.