Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 10

Death Penalty Research paper (it should be banned)

MsDiva08 1 / 4  
i agree that it should be banned but im having problems with paraphrasing we had to research on it and im havin trouble i really need help asap

here are my points

history
cost
alternatives
innocent
mentally ill
effectiveness of the death penalty
this is all i have so far

thesis
Should the death penalty be banned as a form of punishment. what is Capital punishment? Capital punishment is the death penalty. It is used today and was used in ancinet times to punish a variety of offences. The death penalty had no place in a civilized society. It is none of the things that its proponents say it is. It is not fairly adminstered, it does not prevent crime, it does not save the state money, it does not bring closure to families, it does not allow for the innocent to be reclaimed, and it is not based on Biblical teaching.

History of the death penalty

// Plagiarized paragraph deleted //

This is all i have so far but i need help on parpharsing so please get back with me as soon as you can
OP MsDiva08 1 / 4  
History of the death penalty
Capital punishment is the lawful infliction of death as a punishment and since ancient times it has been used for a wide variety of offences. The Bible prescribes death for murder and many other crimes including kidnapping and witchcraft.

I need to know how to paraphrase my source information
yang 2 / 313  

Well, for a research paper, paraphrasing ISN'T enough. What defines a research paper is the incorporation of various sources through CITATION. How to cite? Type MLA format in google. It'd be too complicated to explain the MLA format in detail.

Now, you've got good ideas, but you need to combine your ideas and come up with a central thesis, just like a normal essay. You could say: According to this this this, the death penalty should be banned, and put up a bunch of paragraphs FULL OF CITATIONS and RELIABLE (preferably not wikipedia or other random websites) sources (don't forget the bibliography). You could also refute the counter argument, saying: Proponents of the death penalty have argued this this, but this this proves that they're wrong.

I think that you should research on research paper format (pun :)) so that you fully understand the requirements for a full-fledged MLA research. Good luck!
OP MsDiva08 1 / 4  
thank u but that really didnt help me any and i know i got to cite but what im gone do im gone but my rough draft up tomorrow feel free to read it
yang 2 / 313  
MsDiva08
lol what are you looking for? a rough draft of the paper?
what is Capital punishment? Capital punishment is the death penalty. It is used today and was used in ancinet times to punish a variety of offences.

This part weakens the whole thing, because it makes it seem like you are going to be giving a definition essay. When you argue against capital punishment, don't stop to define it. Make your argument.

You seem to be talking about 2 different things. The history of it, and the appropriateness of it.

I think you are going to have to give your history of the death penalty as a presentation showing why it should be banned, if that is your argument.

I think you should search your school's library database for articles with the keywords:
"capital punishment" moral
or
"capital punishment" ethical
OP MsDiva08 1 / 4  
Kevin
i have more i will post it today and you can tell me what you think then here is my outline

I History of the Death Penalty
1. where and
a.how it started
2.world wide use of the death penalty
a. states that have it
b. states that abolished it
c. how we are viewed by europe
II Strong Views of both sides remain- why

III Pro side
IV Con side
a. cost worldwide
b. error in killin someone innocent
c. cruel and unusual punishment
d. life in prison is a worse punishment
Looks like you are missing some info from the pro side. Google this:
capital punishment morally required. There are some good articles about it... some people say it is immoral not to have the death penalty, and when you can explain why, you are ready to write a good argument against capital punishment.

I don't agree that life in prison is a worse punishment.

Section 2 is going to be tough to write, because it needs to include the info from sections 3 and 4! I think you should simplify:
I intro with thesis statement
II Overview and background
III Arguments aganst
IV Arguments for
V Case examples
VI Conclusion with restatement of thesis
OP MsDiva08 1 / 4  
life in prison is worse death aint because we are not god who are we to say that the person needs to die it dont make the person that killed the criminal any better and thank you
yang 2 / 313  
who are we to say that the person needs to die

if all think like you, then we wouldn't have any murders. However, we do have murders, which is against the nature of things; therefore, it's ok, even righteous, to sentence the person who infringed human rights in the first place for the sake of good nature of things.

This argument is supported by Hamlet: Regicide is unnatural (against nature), but since the king's brother murdered the king, it's only natural that he gets killed as well, even though he becomes the new king.

Now, i'm not supporting death penalty; simply showing you the flaw of your argument.

Home / Research Papers / Death Penalty Research paper (it should be banned)