Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 3

(dreaming as a charted topic? - introduction and conclusion for oral report

SunRa93 3 / 2  
I find it hard to structure introductions and conclusion for research papers. I know that a introduction is supposed to consist of
four elements: current situation, research, significance, and a answer. Below is how I put everything together.

Most people believe dreaming is a completely charted topic, however experts in the field such as "Ernest Harman" and "Andrea Rock" have only tipped the ice burg. In addition, dreams a key to understanding the mind itself. If we can explain how dreams help make sense of the mind, we can better understand dreaming and nightmares. Dreaming explains how the mind works in the body as it is a vital organ. Dreams have a role in adapting to stressful situations.

I know that I did something wrong with the structure of this introduction. Can anyone tell me how to fix it up? Also, how can I structure the conclusion properly?
s1394 1 / 7  
I think what might be off is that you start listing information towards the end of your intro..the beginning sounds good, but it later doesn't seem to connect right. I'm not really sure how to do the conclusion though; you would want to wrap it up of course, and make sure to include a reflection of some sort to show that you didn't just research information, but gave thought to what you found.

If you don't mind, there are a couple of grammar/usage spots I want to point out haha..I can be sort of a stickler for that.

Most people believe dreaming is a completely charted topic; however, experts in the field such as Ernest Harman and Andrea Rock have only tipped the iceburg . In addition, dreams are a key to understanding the mind itself. If we can explain how dreams help make sense of the mind, we can better understand dreaming and nightmares. Dreaming explains how the mind works in the body as it is a vital organ. (confusing use of "it"- is the mind a vital organ or the body?) Dreams have a role in adapting to stressful situations.

Hope that was a little helpful
In this introduction, you did not make a distinct point. Give your message. you have to say something very specific if you want to make your paper meaningful.

Does that help you?

Instead of just saying they have a role in coping with stress, say something even more specific.

:-)

Home / Research Papers / (dreaming as a charted topic? - introduction and conclusion for oral report