Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 5

Earth and Space Science class, Thesis Statement Help

NOLA 1 / -  
I am having to do a research paper for my Earth and Space Science class. I have chosen to write about Global Warming: Human induced vs. natural causes. I must present an argument regarding the topic I have chosen.

The help I am needing is on my thesis statement. Could someone please provide me with some ideas.

Thanks!
meisj0n 8 / 272 2  
ideas: sure thing. one would be to say that human induced causes are the major factor in global warming. another would be to say that the earth is a constantly changing habitat that goes through cycles and natural change (humans are only a small part). OR make a middle path. since this is a research paper, I'd suggest you do some preliminary research before writing out a thesis. that way you will have an idea of what you want to write and you won't have flop back and forth with the paper. point to remember, present an argument that you support, one that you can find facts and evidence to support.

to present an argument, you need a question, maybe write a question here for people to see? or ask yourself one, and place yourself in a spot to answer it. good luck~
tiger31twin 4 / 7  
you could start off saying how global warming is affecting the earth.
roadwarrior17 1 / 4  
whenever i write a research paper, i always like to give some historical context and facts which can help foster the thesis statement.

-hope this helps and good luck
I'd suggest you do some preliminary research before writing out a thesis.

This is the key, for sure. Jon gave great advice, here... You need to give yourself a crash course in the issue by reading about 5 articles written in the past few years. There are tons of articles available if you google "global warming" and "debate."

While you read, take notes about the interesting arguments people make. Write a paragraphs about every argument you read. Soon, the paper will be taking form. When you have written 10 paragraphs, you will know what your own argument is, because you will be becoming an expert about global warming.

so, do some reading and take some notes, and you will discover your argument!

:-)

Home / Research Papers / Earth and Space Science class, Thesis Statement Help