Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 4

Euthanasia is the painless killing of a patient; Argumentative paper on euthanasia

soakandsun 1 / -  
It would be very helpful if someone could help me edit this. It was very hard to write because we werent allowed to use the words: we, us, they, them ,you, i, and their

Euthanasia
The definition of euthanasia is the painless killing of a patient suffering from an incurable and painful disease or in an irreversible coma. Euthanasia is already used on our pets but the debate is whether or not it should be used on humans. Another name that is used for euthanasia is mercy killing. Killing has never and should not ever be legalized.

Having the power to kill is too much. Doctors would have too much power by having the legal right to kill someone. Even if the patient and family make the decision, the doctor is still the one to do it. Doctors make mistakes, their human. If doctors were to make a mistake and kill someone when the person should not have needed to die nothing can be done, the patient is already dead. It would then be taken as second degree murder which is killing someone without intention to do it.

Life is sacred and every person is valued. Life is a good thing, and people need to go out and live it because humans are born for a reason. Life is a value, and if humans don't respect what is valued those people are considered a hypocrite. People are given a life and are expected to live it. If euthanasia is legalized, what is the point of that person's life?

Lastly, euthanasia is unnatural and should it should be God's power. God created the world, so he should decide when people die. For humans that are religious, euthanasia would be going against that person's religion. Religion is a value and going against that, like I said before, makes that person a hypocrite. Legalizing euthanasia would take some part of freedom of religion away.

On the other hand, death is not always a bad thing. Some people would rather die than suffer. It might not be bad for the person dying but it will always have a poor effect on someone else. If a murderer were to be executed, the murderer is usually hated by most the world, but the murderer still had someone that once loved them.

In conclusion, euthanasia should not be legalized. It would give doctors too much power. People's life should not in the hands of a doctor. Life is also sacred and should be kept as a value to everyone. Finally euthanasia is unnatural and should be God's power. God made all humans and should be in charge of when humans die.
ash123 2 / 3  
It seemed to read a little choppy, I would work a little more with colons, semi-colons, and commas. Other than that I think it's good considering the difficulty of not using those words.
Doctors make mistakes, their human

... it should be "they are" , but you are not allowed to use "they" :D .... Anyway, this is wrong. This is what I suggest;

Being human, doctors too can make mistakes.

If doctors were to make a mistake and kill someone when the person should not have needed to die nothing can be done, the patient is already dead.

.... this line is confusing. You better re-phrase it.

It would then be taken as second degree murder which is killing someone without having an intention to do itso .

Life is a value, and if humans don't respect what is valued those people are considered a hypocrite.

Life is worthy and nobody tolerates another person harming his or her life. Therefore all humans should respect the others' right to live.
ningo 22 / 53 9  
You had used the word: "value" again and again. Instead, these words will be better: valuable, worthy, precious, important...

-> Life is scared and human's lives are wonderful and invaluable. Everyone desire to enjoy lives fully because people all are born for some reasons. People who don't respect lives will not be deserved to be born in this world and be considered the hypocrite. Human are given lives and always keep that lives to be continued. If euthanasia is legalized, how can people keep the point of life?

Home / Research Papers / Euthanasia is the painless killing of a patient; Argumentative paper on euthanasia