Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 2

Feminism in two novels (The Handmaid's Tale / The Mists of Avalon)

helloapollox3 1 / -  
I need to write a research paper comparing/contrasting the element of feminism in Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale and Marion Zimmer Bradler's The Mists of Avalon and I'm having some trouble finding research material on either subject.

Also, any help regarding how exactly I should get started would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good morning!

I would suggest using the internet and using the search term 'feminism' along with the author name and book title and see what you can find; the internet is always a good starting point for research.

As for help getting started, I often find that creating an outline helps me get organized, and if I can stay organized, I can get the paper done more efficiently. I would start out with your thesis (it looks like comparing and contrasting feminism in these two works is the thesis) and then set about beginning with the pillar of finding feminist eliments in one novel and then the second. I would then continue on with finding contrasting feminism in the two texts, and lay those down on the outline. Once you have the main subject topic pillars and the supporting detail pillars, you can fill in the spaces between the pillars with "mud" from exact quotes in the book to support your thoughts.

I know it seems like a lot to digest right off in the beginning, but we'll get through it together. Start off with the research and jot down some ideas that come to your head as you're going along. That will be plenty to get you started.

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com

Home / Research Papers / Feminism in two novels (The Handmaid's Tale / The Mists of Avalon)