Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 4

What do you guys think about "the affirmative action"? (some questions for you!)

uyt6996 3 / 9  
I just started my research, and I want to know diverse opinions about the affirmative action!
What I am trying to find is that affirmative action is so focused on the black-and-white racial dichotomy. I agree with the concept of affirmative action, and I understand America needs affirmative action. But is it fair to every race?

I would like to know your answers to following questions.

- Do you think affirmative action is a forced fairness?
- Do you think American government is so focused on only African-American?
- Do you honestly think you can see the day a Hispanic American or Asian American will be president?
- Do you think African-Americans have more benefits than any other minority race?
- Do you think affirmative action preferences should be used in determining who gets into college?
- Do you think affirmative action is making American education uncompetitive?
- If you can change a part of affirmative action, what would you like to adjust?
mhusmani 2 / 6  
I have had conflicting views about this for a while. I used to be against it and my main argument was MLK Jr himself, "[people should not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character," which directly opposes affirmative action as you know. But I know see the side where hey, blacks were 'discriminated' (in the simplest meaning of the word) against and they deserve a chance to have a level playing field. If they were unfairly put down so to speak, they should be put up? Hope that makes sense, good luck.
OP uyt6996 3 / 9  
Thank you for your opinion! I agree with you when it comes up with MLK Jr.
What do you think about affirmative action in post-secondary education?
Hi Brittany,

Tell me what you think about the answers to these questions, and then I'll tell you what I think! :-)

Home / Research Papers / What do you guys think about "the affirmative action"? (some questions for you!)