Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 3

No idea how to start my research paper outline on how technology affects us

frubi 1 / 1  
I have to write a research paper on how technology affects us evaluating the following sources
economic impact of technology in our lives
health impact of technology in our lives
environmental impact of technology in our lives
how should I start it?
could I write the positives impacts and negatives 1??? geez I need a lot of help please!!!!!
lcturn87 - / 435 236  
1) Start brainstorming. When you think about the economic impact of technology, do you think that technology like Computers, IPads, IPhones, Projectors, etc., have helped us over the years? What did people do when there was no technology like this? Think about typewriters and pagers.

2) Let's consider the health impact. Did you know that there is technology where doctors can see their patients virtually. This involves technology. What else do doctors and nurses do to help their patients? In my field of study, there is technology that helps people to speak. This technology is becoming more sophisticated.

3) Next, let's consider the environmental impact. Where do computers, Ipads, and phones go when they aren't being used? Do some recycle them? Are they refurbished or reused by someone else?

There is so much you can discuss. You could definitely compare the positives and negatives. Let me give you an example of some experiences:

1) What if you lose your data on the computer and have no backup because there is a virus. How are you going to turn in your midterm paper? The paper is half your grade. What if your phone needs to be charged and you are in a bad neighborhood and there are no pay phones around. In many cities, there are fewer pay phones that exist. Have you noticed this?

2) What if I have an appointment at my doctor and he or she wants to see me virtually. I start discussing symptoms and because he or she can't see me a diagnoses can't be made.

3) If technology is recycled, is it really safe for the environment? Can we truly know this?

*I hope this helps you to begin. Make sure you find sources for whatever you decide to discuss. You don't have to use any of the examples I stated, but it helps to just take out a sheet of paper or type out your thoughts. Make sure you choose a main idea and when you have good sources or examples to back up your statements, you will be headed in the right direction!
OP frubi 1 / 1  
lcturn87....thank you very much it was a lot of help, now I just need to find my resources.... :(

Home / Research Papers / No idea how to start my research paper outline on how technology affects us