Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 3

Michael Jackson Senior Project (harmful or wonderful)

Leonardotc 1 / -  
Okay, so...My Senior research paper is due February 26, 2010 so I have less than a week.

I chose Michael Jackson so now I have to write if he's a hero or a villain but I'm thinking he's BOTH so i'm going to talk about both...

I only have my thesis statement and I have no idea of how to start my paper.

THESIS:
Although Michael Jackson, the "King of Pop", is viewed as a harmful and shameful person in society, he left wonderful music to us and also helped donate money to charities.

I'm going to talk about-
Harmful: because he was accused to be a petafile
shameful: he was ashamed of being black
Music: main stuff about his music
Donate: donations he made to charities and all the good stuff he did.

I just need help because I have no idea of how to start my paper.

thank you.
chlghdgus 2 / 3  
i believe it would be easier to tell good story(donation, influence on music...)
then starting out your paper writing his shameful stories

To be frank, there are more ideas to write about shameful,harmful stories(petafile, plastice surgery, etc)

And should be backed up by articles or research i guess
Harmful: because he was accused of bein g a pedophile
You can't label him a villain based on an accusation. He is only a villain if he is guilty, so we don't know, I guess.

shameful: he was ashamed of being black

Shameful means something different. You mean "ashamed."

Music: main stuff about his music--- he is good in the sense that his music is well loved? That is a reasonable argument.

Donate: donations he made to charities and all the good stuff he did. --- another reasonable argument.

Also, he held his baby out a window up high, and he named 2 of his kids the same thing, which could be considered messed up.

ust keep in mind what is realistic to accomplish in your essay. You can give a thorough discussion of the good and bad stuff, with one big section about each. Just start writing paragraphs, and when you have a god collection, look to see if a theme is developing. first thing to do is get some good articles about him from your school database.

When you start to read, and then write a paragraph now and then, it will start to feel like a conversation you are having.

:-)

Home / Research Papers / Michael Jackson Senior Project (harmful or wonderful)