Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 2

Military Technology research topic

erasmuss22 1 / -  
I have to write a 3000-3300 word research paper about a STEM topic (science tech engineering or medicine) for finals in the middle of December. Previously we had to submit a topic area we would like to work with and we are unable to change. I chose military technology and am having a little trouble finding some controversy to argue about. I want to write about military modernization and things like the Future Combat System, but as I said earlier, am having trouble finding controversy in the topic area. I was thinking maybe a financial issue, but in all the research databases in my university I have not found many articles discussing the financial background of military modernization. Does anyone have any ideas as how I can turn this into an argumentative paper? We have to have 3 viewpoints in addition to our own, so I was thinking congress, equipment makers, and the military itself, but I still need to find a problem to argue about.
Well, how about the dangers involved in using advanced technology to wage war. Nuclear weapons, biological ones, etc? Or you could talk about how much easier modern technology makes it to depersonalize combat. That missile veered off course by twelve degrees and liquidated 50 non-combatants? Oops. Oh, well, collateral damage is unavoidable in these sorts of things. Or you could look at the notion of military technology as inevitably leading to an arms race that makes the world more dangerous, even if you don't want to look at WMDs specifically. There seem to be quite a few issues you could look at.

Home / Research Papers / Military Technology research topic