Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 2

One Health Club. I need corrections in my research abstract

Lovechild 1 / -  
ONE HEALTH CLUBS HANDBOOK FOR SCHOOLS AND TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS
Muganzi Martin
Third Year Student, Biomedical Laboratory Technology
College of Veterinary Medicine, Animal Resources and Biosecurity
Makerere University

In the esteemed efforts of engaging communities in One Health Initiatives, One Health clubs were established in tertiary institutions. In Uganda, One Health student club was launched at Makerere University on 13th February 2013 during the Uganda One Health Week 2013. The student clubs are to develop and conduct capacity building programs for OHCEA through nurturing students in the one health approach and as well developing leadership skills for they are the future leaders and that they can outspread the club to other institutions.

The student club started on a higher pitch as many students from different colleges embraced the One Health approach however, the club has not over the past months made solid developments because of the following; inadequate orientation, lack of a standing committee, lack of appropriate guidelines and information about One Health approach.

The objective of this handbook is therefore to guide One Health student club leaders in effective and efficient administration of the clubs.
To develop a leadership manual for One Health Student clubs, i researched on 2 secondary school interact clubs that is; Interact club of Mengo Senior School and Lubiri High School, then 2 university student associations; College of Veterinary Medicine, Animal Resources and Biosecurity Students' Association (COVABSA) and Makerere University Medical Students' Association (MUMSA) executive committees. We discussed leadership structures and guidelines of the clubs.

All the committees involved in research had leadership guiding documents; a handbook for Interact club and constitutions for the associations. These were essential for the continuity of the associations for they didn't only guide the leaders in office but as well orient the new leaders on how the club is run.

The existing problems of student clubs in Uganda and OHCEA region at large can be solved by having guidelines for the leaders. The handbook has therefore been designed to guide One Health leaders in their efforts to organize One Health clubs, to provide One Health leaders and volunteers with information on administering a One Health club, to define the role of the One Health Club committee, to illustrate effective project development and to highlight the resources of OHCEA.

The handbook once adopted will establish national organizational structures for the clubs, support One Health student clubs formation and administration, club membership management, activity planning, scheduling and control in addition to management of club resources.
keen2edit - / 7 1  
Hi there. Just a few suggestions:

The student clubs are to develop and conduct = The purpose of the student clubs are to develop and conduct OR the student clubs were established to develop and conduct...

on a higher pitch = on a high note
In the second paragraph put a full stop before the word however.
however, the club has not over the past months made solid developments = However, the club has not made solid developments over the past months because of...

Be careful of writing very long sentences, they are hard to comprehend. Break down the sentences.
i researched on 2 secondary school interact clubs that is; = I researched two secondary school interact clubs, namely Interact club of Mengo Senior School and Lubiri High School. I also researched two university student associations....

These were essential for the continuity of the associations for they didn't only guide the leaders in office but as = These were essential for the continuity of the associations as they didn't only guide the leaders in office but also orientated

Home / Research Papers / One Health Club. I need corrections in my research abstract